piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I came across a place called Exotic Aquatics in larchmont also known as Reef Shop. Going to check and call this place on Boston Road. I will drive by and see if this is true. Just wanted to know if anybody heard of it. Would be nice if its new and close by ..

...been to both their shops (Larchmont and Norwalk), in the past few months, IMO...prices are ridiculous ...nothing special, tanks not the best kept...not worth the trip

You're much better off going down to Maximum in Mt Vernon!

+1

He's 5 minutes from my house but he's not a very nice or personable individual, kinda awkward being in that small store with him. Prices are def ridiculous although he will work on price and he does have an ad on CL that if you mention it you get 25% off but that just gives you an average price, not much of discount. One time I also talked to him about MR and he pretty much made fun of these kind of communities saying how we're pretty much all fish nerds and he can't sit around and talk about tanks all day which made me question his reason for selling fish in the first place.

This is all just my opinion from my experience but I think you should still go to get your own opinion about the place, especially if its just around the corner for you. Good luck

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Reefs

Triple R

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
+1

He's 5 minutes from my house but he's not a very nice or personable individual, kinda awkward being in that small store with him. Prices are def ridiculous although he will work on price and he does have an ad on CL that if you mention it you get 25% off but that just gives you an average price, not much of discount. One time I also talked to him about MR and he pretty much made fun of these kind of communities saying how we're pretty much all fish nerds and he can't sit around and talk about tanks all day which made me question his reason for selling fish in the first place.

i witnessed it!

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
This spot sucks I went in there the other day this guy try to talk to me like am new at this reefing thing I almost wanted to put a brick throw the window not worth the time going there the only reason I stop in is because i was in larchmont to fix something on my account at well Fargo never again go to maximum reef in mt Vernon u get a far better appreciatiobt for ur money

Mitch

Nano Reefer
Rating - 86.7%
13   2   0
I just went for the heck of it - Turns out it sucked. It was the tiniest LFS I've ever seen, and they had tons of sick looking fish and bleached Anemones for sale... For sale! That's a terrible thing for them to be doing. The prices we're pretty bad and overall I'd say it's a bad LFS.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
mitch did i not give u my fair warning that eactly why that guy got me piss about he was try to give me bad info on anenome which is one of my fav animals and i had a few well before look in my avatar that was my old tank so u know what ever crap that guy was trying to tell me i was not hairing it plus he was way over price so i had to remind him that mr is my lfs so if his price was no were close to what i see them go for on mr he have no chance on me buying anything then he got a little rude and that when i wanted to put a brick in his window plus the quilty of his live stock sucks so u know i was not going to buy anything anyway but like i said i just went in cause i was in that neck of the woods

Mitch

Nano Reefer
Rating - 86.7%
13   2   0
mitch did i not give u my fair warning that eactly why that guy got me piss about he was try to give me bad info on anenome which is one of my fav animals and i had a few well before look in my avatar that was my old tank so u know what ever crap that guy was trying to tell me i was not hairing it plus he was way over price so i had to remind him that mr is my lfs so if his price was no were close to what i see them go for on mr he have no chance on me buying anything then he got a little rude and that when i wanted to put a brick in his window plus the quilty of his live stock sucks so u know i was not going to buy anything anyway but like i said i just went in cause i was in that neck of the woods

Haha you did warn me, but I decided I wanted to see for myself. No need to go back there, but I wanted to check it out.

nyshoots

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I know this is an old thread but I went into this place the other day because I needed something on the fly and these people are insane they are asking 50.00 for the small bottles of b ionic and esv magnesium which is more then twice as much as everyone else plus they give out bad info. They have ads on craigslist saying they affiliated with the guys from the show tanked

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: