sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
State your city/neighborhood and what you're working with.
Let's get some local meet and trades going.
Even if you don't have to trade at the moment or just getting started
lets' support one another...this is what makes the hobby fun and exciting.

I learned that this weekend, great time and not a dollar was exchanged. no one sold anything yet no one left empty headed or felt cheated.

you see the signature!!

MrsDubs

Renegade Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Love this Sun!

Part of the joy of reefing is the wonderful friendships you build with people around you. Definitely had a great time this weekend! Renegaders are happy this Monday. We got together, helped and shared with each other on the bases of our friendships .. all developed by reefing!

Although I now live in the Bx, I am from White Plains and felt I should show love. I have a 28g Nanocube with a 20g sump. Enjoy!

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I know we're not the only people from Westchester here so I'll give them some time but heres a pic and list of my set up so far.

Renegade 75g coming soon

29g Biocube/MJ1200 Return Pump/2 Koralia 425 Powerheads/ inTank Media Baskets/inTank Refugeium Basket/ CPR Bak Pak 2 Skimmer/ Kessil A150w Sky Blue/ Biocube UV/ JBJ Nano Refuge LED/

Last edited:

StillBronx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand new to the hobby, I'm way up in Peekskill (moved from the Bx a couple months back). Just bought a 200 gallon setup from Maximum Reef in Yonkers. Got some of it delivered waiting on more equipment. I'll keep y'all posted.

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
you have a few tanks going huh Bio? Can't wait to see the new add'on.
The Renegades will be coming over to my house soon to bless my 75g, hopefully I will get to meet some of u West'Reefer soon as well.

We should def get some trades going. spread some coral love around.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
you have a few tanks going huh Bio? Can't wait to see the new add'on.
We should def get some trades going. spread some coral love around.

Thanks, when I started the 14 gal I didn't know anything, got a used biocube and made a lot of mistakes.
Then I saved and bought a 29 to expand and found out about this site.
My goal is to get a SPS to grow and BIO CUBES cannot do that even the 29 with the spots for LEDs filled,,unless I spend as much for the cube on lights and that defeats the purpose.
The 120 will be a very slow WIP but I'll keep y'all updated.

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
My 29g BC was donated to me by a friend that I don't think knew what he was getting into when he bought the tank, work wise. Dont think he was ready to invest the time and so he gave it to me. After about 2 months I bought the kessil LED light. Great light recommend it especially if you can get one at a fair price.
Once I get the 75g running, the BC gets broken down/sold and the kessil goes on the 75.

Sent from my HTCONE using Reefs

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
My 29g BC was donated to me by a friend that I don't think knew what he was getting into when he bought the tank, work wise. Dont think he was ready to invest the time and so he gave it to me. After about 2 months I bought the kessil LED light. Great light recommend it especially if you can get one at a fair price.
Once I get the 75g running, the BC gets broken down/sold and the kessil goes on the 75.

Sent from my HTCONE using Reefs

Like I said you can't use the biocube's stock system even with the spaces for their own LEDs and grow SPS. My Zoos and Acans multiply like gremlins when they hit water in the cubes. I'd save the lighting for a bigger build.

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Like I said you can't use the biocube's stock system even with the spaces for their own LEDs and grow SPS. My Zoos and Acans multiply like gremlins when they hit water in the cubes. I'd save the lighting for a bigger build.

I'm running the kessil already on the 29g and have another kessil for the 75.

@Dubs, you can def post here bruh, you may sleep in the Bx but your Westchester ALL DAY!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: