beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'm currently reading:

Beer in America: The Early Years--1587-1840: Beer's Role in the Settling of America and the Birth of a Nation

It's pretty interesting... kind of funny to think that the pilgrims would have kept sailing if they hadn't been short on beer, or that Harvard University fired someone for not keeping the faculty and students properly supplied with beer.

I think I have officially read more about beer than reef keeping at this point.

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
I just finished "Shutter Island," by Dennis Lehane (recently made into a movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, which I have not seen yet.) A must read for any murder mystery buff.

Every summer I say I'm going to sit down and read "Gravity's Rainbow" (Thomas Pynchon,) but it NEVER happens. 600+ pages and 400 characters. About Rockets and secrets. :sigh:...one of these days.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
ReeferGirl said:
It's about how fads can become the "norm" among society. And the author compares two completely random things from history and shows how its related. For example, the spread of STDs and Paul Revere's Midnight Run. Its a good read.

Just curious how are they related???

Sent from my iPad using Reefs

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Just finished The Power Broker by Caro. If you are at all interested in Robert Moses or how NYC grew into what it is now, it is a great read. Long and slow as hell, but much quicker than his LBJ volumes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: