M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Started : "The great gatsby" today at work. So far kind of boring. Hope it gets better.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
That series was really good. She's an amazing writer.

The Empire series was how i was introduced to her. It was a collaboration with Raymond Feist magician series.

Definite check her out. I'll look out for your recommendation.

neddog

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm reading visions by michio kaku
How science will revolutionize the 20th century ( pretty interesting so far)
Just finished the witch of Hebron by James kunstler ( pretty weak fiction novel)
Any sic fi nerds out their recommend a good book

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs
I read a lot of fantasy not so much scifi. I'll list a few just in case your interested these are some of my favorites
the lies of locke lamora- there are three books in this series and my all time favorite
The Name of the Wind- a close second for me an awesome three book series the third book is still in the works but should be out shortly
The Blade Itself (The First Law: Book One) I'm currently reading the second book in this series and love it!
I have read a few good scifi books but I gotta go get my kindle out of the car and look up the names I'll get them for you tomorrow. The three books that I listed (really six because they are series)are Epic.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
+1 to all those above!

I would add to this list since this is my area of expertise :)

Peter Brett
Brandon Sanderson
Brent Weeks

Plenty more when done :)

Matt just finished the City of Light series! Awesome!!!!

The Formic Wars series was pretty good scifi if you liked Ender's Game.

neddog

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really liked Ender's Game great book
A lot of people loved Mistborn and all of Brandon Sanderson's books but I couldn't get in to them for what ever reason. Don't let my opinion stop you because I might be the only one that does not like his books LOL.
I don't think I've read anything from Brent Weeks. I'll check him out when I'm done with the First Law Trilogy

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Really? I think BS is a genius. If you are more sci fi oriented, try Steelheart maybe that'll warm you up. :)

For Weeks, definitely the light bringer series is the one to go for. The other series is good too but lightbring is really good.

Also Jim Butcher. Codex Alera if you want a serious fantasy, and Dresden series if you want a fun urban fantasy.

I could keep going all day :)

neddog

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I think BS is a genius. If you are more sci fi oriented, try Steelheart maybe that'll warm you up. :)

For Weeks, definitely the light bringer series is the one to go for. The other series is good too but lightbring is really good.

Also Jim Butcher. Codex Alera if you want a serious fantasy, and Dresden series if you want a fun urban fantasy.

I could keep going all day :)
I know that's why I said I'm probably the only one that didn't like Mistborn. I read the whole thing and the end really disappointed me. I didn't hate it just wouldn't go back for seconds lol sorry. This discussion has gotten ugly on other sites lol his readers love him. I just couldn't get into it.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Couldn't get into mist born and was pissed because I bought the whole set !!

Inevo city of light was pure entertainment I was only annoyed at one thing Ki getting killed off I really wanted to see what happened with him working his way so deep into the house and never having the super speed from the eldest

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: