Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I'm reading visions by michio kaku
How science will revolutionize the 20th century ( pretty interesting so far)
Just finished the witch of Hebron by James kunstler ( pretty weak fiction novel)
Any sic fi nerds out their recommend a good book

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

cowfish

Psycho-ologist
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Matt, I'm a bonafide nerd ;) Just finished 'Suicide Kings' one of the Wild Card series. Pretty good.

Other recent books I've read include:

'Rise Again' by Ben Tripp one of the best zombie fiction books out there

'Ex-Heroes' by Peter Clines

'I am not a serial killer' and 'Mr. Monster' by Dan Wells

'Bearers of the Black Staff' by Terry Brooks

'Devil's Cape' by Rob Rogers

And, no, I don't watch much TV. :)

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
No tv for me either lol!!
Did u like the wild card series
Can't wait for asofai by grrm
Just started Joe ambercrombie first book
Terry Brooks not a big fan only read a few chapters though

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

cowfish

Psycho-ologist
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The wild card books were hit or miss. Most of them were good, but some retold the same story from another character's viewpoint and it just got tedious after awhile.

ASOFAI - ? Are you referring to the Song of Ice and Fire series? I'm eagerly awaiting the HBO show. Hopefully it will translate well to TV. I've given up hope on the 5th book. By the time it's published I'll have to re-read the other 4 so I know what the heck is going on!

If you like superheroes, you should definitely check out 'Ex-Heroes' and 'Devil's Cape.'

Swim

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
012_14A.jpg

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Just finished The Power Broker by Caro. If you are at all interested in Robert Moses or how NYC grew into what it is now, it is a great read. Long and slow as hell, but much quicker than his LBJ volumes.

I've got to check that out. Moses had an entire 1.5 DVDs of the New York series by Ken Burns devoted to him.

I find it incredible that with everything he did he didn't know how to drive himself.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Yeah, it's amazing. the guy really built the city as we know it today. i actually grew up in a neighborhood that was 'made' by him.

its interesting to see what the goals were 60 or so years ago, and how the changes he made actually played out over time. not the best read, but by far the most interesting book i have read in a while.

I've got to check that out. Moses had an entire 1.5 DVDs of the New York series by Ken Burns devoted to him.

I find it incredible that with everything he did he didn't know how to drive himself.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
even more fun (if you consider this fun) is to read the Caro book, and then read some of Jane Jacobs new urbanist stuff. sort of compare and contrast what each person thinks a city should be.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love threads like this. I found more books on threads like this than in any other location. I have read everything from self-help to fiction of all types. I love to see what people are currently into and enjoying. I have found a few gems in these forums on threads like this. I am currently reading a book by Deepak Chopra. It is something like the little book of secrets about life or something like that. I am not very good with titles. It's what is on the inside I am after. I am also working on A Course In Miracles.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: