AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
A little off track but does anyone else think the USPS tracking system is completely useless. More than once I have received a package only to see the tracking say something like left origin...

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
I agree the USPS tracking totally sucks... UPS/Fed-Ex tracking is much, much better.. However, I guess the point of bringing up the USPS tracking in my previous posts was merely to establish that once a tracking number is trackable via the USPS website, that means that a package has been received by the post office and something was actually shipped. You will not be able to "track" a package via USPS unless the package is in the Post Office's custody or scanned by a postal representative as having been recieved into their custody.

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I dont know if thats completely true. I think you can schedule a package to be shipped receive a tracking number but not actually go through with the shipping. I'm not sure about USPS but I know with FedEX and UPS, you can have tracking information received but the package hasn't actually been shipped out yet. I believe its electronic information transmitted status. I think thats when the shipper notifies the carrier of the package size, weight, and schedules a pickup or dropoff. I believe at that time, a tracking number is already assigned. Can anyone confirm?

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
It is not sold as a "tracking" service. I't exactly what the term defines: Delivery Confirmation - confirmation that the package was delivered.
Aloha is correct, you can setup a shipping invoice and never ship it. All the data is there such as to, from origin, destination, class of service which is sent to the buyer via email and basically you pay the actual shipping charge but never have a package to send out.

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
It is not sold as a "tracking" service. I't exactly what the term defines: Delivery Confirmation - confirmation that the package was delivered.
Aloha is correct, you can setup a shipping invoice and never ship it. All the data is there such as to, from origin, destination, class of service which is sent to the buyer via email and basically you pay the actual shipping charge but never have a package to send out.

Here is an example of an Item I shipped out via USPS monday. This is the information it provides:

"Label/Receipt Number: **** 0660 0000 1723 2864
Class: Package Services
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097 facility on July 21, 2009. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, July 21, 2009, 9:39 am, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
bullet_circle.gif
Acceptance, July 20, 2009, 9:46 am, KEW GARDENS, NY 11415"

My point is if you ship an item you will get some type of details like stated above.. If you just pay for a tracking number you will not get the details like stated above. Yes anyone can obtain a tracking number from any delivery confirmation slip found in a post office, but you will not be able to obtain the tracking results like those provided above if your item is not sent out. (as vague as they may be)..

Last edited:

EagerReefer

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think you guys have lost the main point of the thread. However Jason was running his scam is not important. this is just a warning to everybody not to deal with him because he is shady. Don't mean to be rude, just you guys keep going back and forth

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0

Again, I would think the same because of the name... But the USPS website clearly states "Track & Confirm". And the information provided, as you can see in my post, is a tiny bit more than just a delivery confirmation statement. It also has a tiny bit of "tracking" information on it. :splitspin

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
i think you guys have lost the main point of the thread. However Jason was running his scam is not important. this is just a warning to everybody not to deal with him because he is shady. Don't mean to be rude, just you guys keep going back and forth

EagerReefer,

I would agree with you, but for the fact that I'm not really sure what Janey was saying in her post and whether or not she was actually scammed out of money. It was unclear to me whether she lost her money because she said she got a refund, etc. If she did lose her money than I would thank her for the warning, if she didn't lose her money I'm not sure where this thread was intended to go by her.. Whatever: :givebeer:

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I've received tracking numbers from shippers before with USPS and when you enter the no. it tells you there is no info on this package yet.

I've had conversations with a TheReefDaVinci on MR but I don't think its the same guy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: