remy109

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
those guys on 11th ave should put a sign out. they can't even get that right.
I checked out 86th and Bay 17. they have some nice stuff there, but nothing that i need at the moment.
I ended up picking up a majestic angel from Ave X and 22nd to add to the flowr tank, so far the majestic ate everything i put into the tank, Romaine lettuce, dry garlic pellets, krill, feeding shimps and frozen brine

Last edited:

DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There is a place on 86th St between 4th and 5th ave I think. It is called world of pets, they have a small selection of saltwater, and corals. Not much to talk about.
Also there is one in Chinatown 4818 8th Ave, tiny chinese store. Good prices on dry goods, get some interesting fish once in a while. But if you dont' speak chinese (which I don't), it is hard to make yourself understood. But, I did pick up a toadstool 4" for 10 bucks. Last time I went there they had some really nice anemones, not bad prices.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
11th Ave between 64-65 st, reopened. but a bar lounge/LFS????? :confused:
get drunk and end up buying stuff, lol
Also a new LFS opened on 7th Ave between 58-59th Street. I happened to drive by but didn't get a chance to drop in. probably will check it out over the next few days

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
11th Ave between 64-65 st, reopened. but a bar lounge/LFS????? :confused:
get drunk and end up buying stuff, lol
Also a new LFS opened on 7th Ave between 58-59th Street. I happened to drive by but didn't get a chance to drop in. probably will check it out over the next few days

LOL. wing they took your idea. bar and corals!

:scratch: 58th and 7th. Let us know what they have

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I got a chance to stop by the LFS on 7th Ave between 58-59th street.
They didn't have any coral available. 1 125gal tank filled with live rocks for $5.00 a lb. and a couple of tanks with large sized triggers, angel and tangs. I also heard a new store Opened on 3rd Ave and 88th street. Has anyone been there yet? Since I am off work for the next 2 daYS, I my try to stop by in the next couple of days

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
1000 Island got a new shipment yesterday. Their reef is crap, but they get a good fish selection at a decent price. Utica Ave between L and Flatlands.

MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
86 street and 18 Ave . got blue face, blue wing, golden Angels around 6"-7" and tiny majestic Angels

11Ave. 64street reopened...pretty nice it has 3 x 42 inch LCD and 9 x 15" LCD Mutiplex screen
wingo you better speed up man

Last edited:

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
what are those LCD for? what do they have in stock?

it's a lounge/LFS so i guess they show music videos.

i think the first post should be edited to list all the places mentioned:

22nd st + Ave X
49th st + 8th Ave
58-59th st + 7th Ave
6310 Bay Parkway (64+63rd st)
64-65 st + 11th Ave
65th st + 8th Ave
86th st + 4-5th Ave
86th st + 18th ave
88th st + 3rd Ave

i believe i left a few out. oops!

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have had successful livestock ventures from Petco in the past as a matter of fact everything that I ever bought from them was healthy and is still living I think.

1 sally lightfoot crab.
3 clarkii clownfish

Never got sick nor did they transfer anything to my tank to get other fish sick. Of course the Clarkii's when they got big were bullies and chased fish out of the tank but that's just their aggressive nature.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: