MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
I've successful with petco too I still had my first yellow tang and some inverts...

A lot of newbie's started buying from Petco(include my self) before we discover MR & LFS...but this doesn't mean Petco = DeathCo! I mean the fish looks healthy and eatting like pig before we introduce them in our tank right? so what's the problem???

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
well this weekend i was on the hunt for discus and decided to check out some of the stores in brooklyn. i was shopping for discus but you know my eyes were glued to the salwater section.

64-65 st + 11th Ave- a must see. WOW!!!!!! one side of the place is all saltwater fishtanks and coral tanks. the other side is a bar.

65th st + 8th Ave- awesome selection of discus, got a nice discount. didn't have as many saltwater fish as they had the first time i visited. a couple purple tangs($60,$70 and $90). hardly any corals

86th st + 4-5th Ave- not worth the trip. horrible corals and a only two or three saltwater fish.

86th st + 18th ave- they are expanding their salwater section. cool guys but need to get more stock. got a nice acro colony for $50

88th st + 3rd Ave- no store found

MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
wazzzzup Jon..86 St 18 Ave. got some new stocks on Sunday...They told me you were there on Sat. you can call and see if they have anything you need.

65 street 8 Ave. glad u didn't get any corals from there. I went there with samsky a month ago. all dead corals red FLATWORMS were all over covering the display...Horrible

64-65 11 ave. agree must see and the owner(Simon) will do special orders too

spy_i

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tunze nano skimmer

guys where can i get a decently prize tunze nano skimmer in brooklyn. i'll be staying in marriott hotel for a day just a stopover. thanx..

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Great thread! (even though its a few months old)

There is a store on Nostrand ave & ave J called Fish Expo. They have a great SW fish selection, but almost no corals. Their fish are almost always in good health but the way the stock the tank makes you think... over priced, but worth a visit.

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
Does anyone know of an LFS in brooklyn where i could get small clowns (1 to 1.5 inch) healthy ones a pair for no more than 20 bucks. And do you have a phone number to that place?

I got clowns from this guy on 48th and 8 avenue not bad as in pricing 2 for $15 but they ended up dying not eating for a week. Been there today and asked the lady to drop some food in there and she did and out of the 15 fish that she had only 1 ate. Her explanation was that they are not hungry. I was like ok clownfish are always hungry but she was looking at me like i am stupid. Wouldn't really recommend that store to anyone unless you know what you are buying. I thought i did.

Last edited:

TangX3

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone know of an LFS in brooklyn where i could get small clowns (1 to 1.5 inch) healthy ones a pair for no more than 20 bucks. And do you have a phone number to that place?

I got clowns from this guy on 48th and 8 avenue not bad as in pricing 2 for $15 but they ended up dying not eating for a week. Been there today and asked the lady to drop some food in there and she did and out of the 15 fish that she had only 1 ate. Her explanation was that they are not hungry. I was like ok clownfish are always hungry but she was looking at me like i am stupid. Wouldn't really recommend that store to anyone unless you know what you are buying. I thought i did.

you can try ocean forest on 86st between 17 & 18 ave. 718-256-5651
or 1000island 1963 Utica Avenue, 718-241-6688

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
I tried there and since danny is not there the new sales person lies. Told me they have plenty of clownfish and when i went there they only had one. Just wasted my time going out there.

Lubu

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Another vote for Fishtown, largest fish selections around, and their price can’t be beat($12.95 for a baby hippo tang!). Since i don't care about customer service it doesn't bother me.

Maki, if you’re just looking for clownfish in Brooklyn, check with Oceans Xi on 11th Ave. I was there last month and they just imported 150 nice looking false percs. Some are 2”-3” big and price was $15/ea. They have since converted into a bar and only open at night, not sure if they’re still in the fish business.

The store on 65th 8th ave also have some clowns, their SW section have gotten better lately so It may be worth checking it out, I would be very careful buying from 86th street at the moment. I was there last week and they have some VERY sick fish, and all their tanks are connected. The store in Ave X has about 3 false percs, 2 of which have diseases…

tonyyammine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
the place on bay 17th and 86th street is very good the people take good care of their fish i really like it there..just to let you know the store on 86th st doesnt have the fish tanks connected the store is small but it is worth looking at.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: