sporty

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Theres a few that just opened or recently opened:11th ave. between 64-65st., 86th street just before 18th ave.before the municipal parking garage -I bought a few pieces from them they have good quality and I also witness them doing lugol baths before putting them in their own tanks. and theres another place on 65th street off 8th ave.-don't know much except that I seen a few fishes with some weird coloration and patterns that I swear that I think they had to be man made.

brattramp

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There's also aquatic creations in Williamsburg. Sean is the owner, and sometimes posts his arrivals here. I purchase a pair of maroon clowns and rbta from them and was pretty satisfied.

MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
sporty said:
Theres a few that just opened or recently opened:11th ave. between 64-65st., 86th street just before 18th ave.before the municipal parking garage -I bought a few pieces from them they have good quality and I also witness them doing lugol baths before putting them in their own tanks. and theres another place on 65th street off 8th ave.-don't know much except that I seen a few fishes with some weird coloration and patterns that I swear that I think they had to be man made.

49 Street and 8th Ave. don't remember the name it's a small shop
6310 Bay parkway btween 63th-64th street, moved from 86st 23Ave.
65th street off 8th ave this one don't know jack about SW. $35 for a 5" blue carpet and I have to take it out of the tank my self...lol

http://local.yahoo.com/results?fr=dd-local-more&stx=aquarium&csz=Brooklyn,+NY

newreefer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are tons of LFS around my way. I am from sheepshead bay area. Around me there's a Thousand Island Aquarium which is somewhere on Utica Avenue. They make tanks and stuff. Good and large selection but way overpriced. Another one is Aquarium Gallery on East 14th Street on Avenue U. Small selection way overpriced. The one that i would suggest is Underwatercreations since i live like on the same block. Their official opening day is this saturday but i don't know what time. I've seen their prices and their prices are pretty good. They are on Avenue X and East 22nd Street at the rear of the the corner property. The only bad thing is that the place is small but they have their variety of saltwater fishes. Good selection at good prices.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Thousand Islands is on Utica between Ave J and K or K and L ( I forget ). There is Brooklyn Zoo and Aquarium on Ralph Avenue between M and N. They are nice and many of the employees know their stuff but they can be overpriced and their selection varies. Theres another store whose name I forgot on Nostrand, just north of Ave J. Theres also Marine Park Aquarium ( though they have birds there too ) on Flatbush and Flatlands.

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
i have visited the shop on 11th ave. between 64-65st and the one on 86th street just before 18th ave.

i went to buy discus, all of which are healthy and beautiful, @ both places. i was able to talk them down considerably @ both places . i bought a pipefish from 86th street just before 18th ave, and it's still alive.

SlamaJama

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.3%
152   1   0
thxs guys, AWESOME!!
I'm gonna visit all these stores in hopes of GETTING THE MR discounts and will provide info and amt of discount to expect...SO GO ASK, OR FIND FELLOW MR MEMBERS FOR MR BUSINESS CARDS OR STICKERS! these will be used to receive discounts...

BROOKLYN ROCKS!!!!

sporty

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hey Slamajama,

Where you the one that bought that purple carantion tree coral from the fish store on bay 16th.?I wanted it but it was on hold for some one.Nice one.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: