Attachments

• Duncans_pigs.jpg
    Duncans_pigs.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 150

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Here is a pic on RC comparing the difference in Duncan purchases of RMW & ORA.
Pretty much $25 a head for babies.....so that explains the price drop.

Still a decent price I guess, as they are pretty fast growers but I would have been upset.

DSC_0121Small.jpg

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
:eek: That's just wrong :grumpy:

RMV has a bad reputation for that sort of activity. I remember reading tons of complaints about a dendro group buy they did awhile back.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Aaron, they are the same. Lighting, flow and environment seem to be the only differences to me.

Randy, I am not so sure. I think there are actually at least two populational variants. I have the one the has shorter tentacles and appears more yellow. Eric had it under his 10K MH with way more flow and it looks pretty much the same as under my PC lighting with less flow. The tentacles expand maybe a little more than they did in Eric's tank, but certainly nothing like the longer tentacles of the Julian Sprung american domesticated variety. The tentacles don't even look the same - the one that you (and Jhale and Ronen and everyone) has thinner, longer tentacles of a greenish/purple variety (depending on the light). Mine has shorter, fatter tentacles of a yellow-y green color (depending on the light).

If someone wants to give up a head of the domesticated american duncan for me, I'll put it in my tank and take some pictures of them side by side. I'll even give the head back to you! :)

1224623199_f0ebbba5ef.jpg

Randy Duncan

1752130111_8656d2bc6e.jpg

Lissa Duncan

There is a definite difference in the length and shape of the tentacles. If we saw these kind of differences in two monkeys, we'd call them different species!! (we may be wrong, but we'd do it. :) )

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
if my clown fish says it's ok I can frag my colony, it's getting close to some sps.

I have not seen it sting the sps, which it seems it could if it wanted to, interesting.

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
my colony seems totally different randy, the polyps dont extend as far as j's does (like 5 inches or something ... mine only goes like a few centimeters... :bigeyes2:

J i sent you pm!!!

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Tank parameters, flow, etc....does make a difference.

Everybody that has the "Randy strain" & I have seen in person, looks different.

Can't go by photos posted here. Camera settings & tank lighting will make them appear what they are really not.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: