meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I just finished reading through 38 pages of "Italy's Best! Matured SPS Aquariums." on RC and noticed that a number of MR members had posted various questions regarding the use of Amino Acids and "pappone". Has anyone local tried this method. If so what amino acids are you using, and at what doasage. Have you noticed any results? etc. etc.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Those tanks are absolutely insane, and most of that is related to good husbandry..period.

If you read through it talks about how the growth hormone breaks down into specific amino acids. In theory, if the HGH does anything, you could dose the amino acids instead and get the same effect, but legally and cheaper.

There where a couple of members here who indictaed on the RC thread that they where going to/thinking about/wanted to try the amino acids.

kris

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Blue Coral pushes Calcium and Alk and other parms to the extreme. Pappone is the food. You don't have to use the BC method to use pappone. Seachem or Kent as well as zeo make the amino acid. Some people use aspartic acid from GNC. You don't need HGH nor can you get it here without a script. It all comes down to whether or not you want to feed your reef. I plan to start playing with it.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Blue Coral pushes Calcium and Alk and other parms to the extreme. Pappone is the food. You don't have to use the BC method to use pappone. Seachem or Kent as well as zeo make the amino acid. Some people use aspartic acid from GNC. You don't need HGH nor can you get it here without a script. It all comes down to whether or not you want to feed your reef. I plan to start playing with it.

I get what there talking about, just wondering if anybody has tried it as of yet. You are right, while a big to do is made over the growth hormone and the amino acids, if you read deep you see that there has been some results with using only the feeding regime.

kris

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Sorry Matt. Didn't mean to imply you didn't get it. I did use a similar Borneman style recipe on my mixed reef a while back and had some good results. I have been using the zeo AA's for about 6 weeks on my sps tank and are just starting to see some positive results. I think the pappone can only help. I feel like I'm starving my reef with zeo.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Sorry Matt. Didn't mean to imply you didn't get it. I did use a similar Borneman style recipe on my mixed reef a while back and had some good results. I have been using the zeo AA's for about 6 weeks on my sps tank and are just starting to see some positive results. I think the pappone can only help. I feel like I'm starving my reef with zeo.

What kind of results?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Jon, not trying to go off track here, but a lot of that RC thread is in italian. If Tony can translate that would be awesome!.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Last edited:

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
If Tony wants to cut and paste all the Italian parts in order and translate them that's fine ;) DarkXerox has done a good job of translating the recipe and how it's supposed to be fed. Tony you can start with Sir's article,
http://nuke.reefitalia.com/MagazineGennaioFebbraio2007/IlmetodoBluCoral/tabid/204/Default.aspx

then get busy on the 2,500 posts in the blu coral forum,
http://www.reefitalia.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=393

thanks T :D

There is a translation of Sir's aricle on pg. 36 of the thread. If you have read through the thread, or even just the synopsis on how to make and feed the pappone, there is nothing new to be found in the article. I was kind of dissapointed as we had been told that the article would detail there use and experimentation of amino acids, and there is really not discussion of it at all.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
yes I saw that, but most of the translations posted are done by a program and they suck. Matt if you want info on AA's then solbby is the person who should come on this thread and discuss them a bit. As you see in the Italian thread he began experimenting with them.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
yes I saw that, but most of the translations posted are done by a program and they suck. Matt if you want info on AA's then solbby is the person who should come on this thread and discuss them a bit. As you see in the Italian thread he began experimenting with them.

I know.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I keep hoping that he will join in the discussion.

Is anybody else using AA?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Crox did you read the blue coral thread?
It's been proven that hgh itslef doe not do sh!t for the coral.
It's coral, and it can not process HGH. What it DOES do is convert to
Amino Acids. If one were paying attention you would have read that
Solbby narrowed down the specific Amino Acid that corals can not
generate themselves. RIF

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Dissapointed that Solbby has not joined the conversation, I PM'd him. He indicated that he has been dosing amino acids for two months and is impressed with the results. He won't give out anymore information untill he has the dosing levels down properly. Hopefully he will have some good information for us soon enough.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
solbbys out of the country for the next two weeks.
He might give you some info when he gets back, but like you said
he's hesitant to describe what he's doing while it's still in the
experimental stages. he's a hard core scientist and will not post results
or methods until he's sure of the data.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Crox did you read the blue coral thread?
It's been proven that hgh itslef doe not do sh!t for the coral.

On this site? I'm reading the threads on Reef Italia and I spoke with the owner of the BC store in Rome. He's the one that started the process. And I know that HGH does do anything directly to the coral....like you said it braked down the amino acids.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: