Rating - 100%
20   0   0
about a year ago i almost got out of the hobby.. i went about 1 full year without a water change!! just topped off the water. it was that bad.

xenia all survived in all areas of the tank. it even spread. the sps that did survive grew! they just weren't colored up.

i'm not sure what the issue is in your tank mark but def test all params to possibly get an idea. at the very least you'll have peace of mind when you know for certain your params are in the ballpark.

maybe xenia not thriving is a blessing in disguise. it's a weed that gets annoying after a while (IMO). i'd still wanna find out why though.

dan

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ghostshadow, one year without any water change? I freak out if I go one week! Happy your still in the hobby. I am still a newbie but enjoy it more then I ever imagined!

Like Josh said, Pictures be great.
Let see some!

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
yes i was a bad reefer for a while. almost took the tank down. then i got the bug again and am fully committed now.

marki- keep us updated. if i still had xenia, i'd gladly donate some. i have a few leftover nubs that i'm sure will be growing in full force in time. i hate this stuff but i guess i'd be more upset if it didn't survive in my tank.

-dan

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
i hope you werent using API test kits :lol:... What kind of response are you looking for? I'm assuming something quick, but nothing in this hobby is quick.. test your water, something will show up and theres a reason for everything :)

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
i have found pom pom xenias need acceptable stable ca/alk levels for long term success. most will thrive in under par water for a week or 2.
also, flow intensity n pattern will affect its pulsing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: