Alot of the program and any pay it forward type thing is the amount of peoples generosity. Im more than sure its not so much the propogation and continuing of the pass the frag along as it is peoples want to get the persons tank back up with stuff they had. And if i remmeber correctly, there was some stuff under something the BAR guys posted about the person getting the next viable frag to continue what was started. =0)

latino277

Advanced Reefer
I would like to join this particular prop.

If I got chosen, besides observing the future obligations, in advance, I will give out 1 elkhorn frag(3 inches) to any member who can observe the same rules as the original starter of the thread.
Wingo... Please post this in a seperate thread... thx dude.

tuberider

Bay Area Reefers
Uh huh, some people like organization and structure, some (like me) just want to get the stupid coral out of their tank, they get to be like crabgrass you know. If it is something rare and desirable then the rules change, as well as you don't have to pick the first person that raises their hand either.

I wanted to setup a cage match for Darth Maul chalice, but it's against our mission statement:tongue1:

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Yup, part of the idea is that the donor is free to set whatever qualifications they want on their donation.

I think this is the most important part of our version of the program. No rules from on high that need to be policed. :D

bookfish

Advanced Reefer
And of course the obvious subtext;
If we hold the best expectations for each other, the world becomes a better place.

iani

Reefer
Norm, when are you planning on shipping the stuff out. I could probably include something into this thing. Maybe a couple polyps of your OG Armor of Gods.

tuberider

Bay Area Reefers
I would like to return the favors to your club in SF. How can I get to your site. I have some green palys and pink/purple ones(still looking for the common names-I am very bad at names and numbers) to share cross states.
bareefers.org is our club website/forum, come on over and introduce yourself. You can get a good idea of how the DBTC program has evolved, and what an eclectic (and tight) bunch we are.

If you wanna stoke us out I don't think anyone in our club is going to argue with that:duh:, the only real obstacles I can see involve shipping.

Developing an interclub system that is one of the DBTC goals, and you gotta start somewhere. The goal is to have a spider web like system that is not motivated by $$$$, and more motivated by limiting the impacts on reefs, and spreading colorful desirable animals around for people to propagate and share.

bareefers.org is our club website/forum, come on over and introduce yourself. You can get a good idea of how the DBTC program has evolved, and what an eclectic (and tight) bunch we are.

If you wanna stoke us out I don't think anyone in our club is going to argue with that:duh:, the only real obstacles I can see involve shipping.

Developing an interclub system that is one of the DBTC goals, and you gotta start somewhere. The goal is to have a spider web like system that is not motivated by $$$$, and more motivated by limiting the impacts on reefs, and spreading colorful desirable animals around for people to propagate and share.

Looks like we should consider something like a monthly shipping. I will consider to register for airline cargo on my side and you guys pick p our boxes from the airport. Air cargo is cheap and fast. The only draw back is sender must be registered with the airline and the recipient must pick up from airport.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: