It works well in 8" of water.
20130111_175915.jpg

Video

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Ecvernon,

What size tank are you running it on? What depth and are you just using the wedge pipe to tune?

Tony, E,

I just got the new bulbs and sump so I am still waiting for a few items before I post the whole tank. I will start a thread for that. Everything is temporary for the next month or so.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
No noise from mine. Slight hum because I haven't put the new sump in with the mat underneath (happening this weekend) I hardly notice it and it is in my bedroom..

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
update

So far I like this skimmer. It is very consistent and even skims shortly after using epoxy or feeding. Most important to me is that it has never overflowed on me.

Attachments

• IMG_0634.jpg
    IMG_0634.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 801

jasony816

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
any updates on the skimmer? I was wondering if the foot print is really 11x11 or can it be smaller? how many inches is the shortest side of the footprint, I heard someone said 8" and would like to know if thats true or not, thanks.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Yep smelly and consistent. Once I close my cabinet I don't hear a thing from the skimmer. The pump is silent but you do hear the air draw. But again once you close the cabinet I hear the drone of the vortech's more than anything else.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: