Hecdr34

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
252   0   0
To pull the trigger or not to yet????? I just wanted some opinions on this skimmer that I'm in love with. I am planning on ordering it next weekend but I'm still debating if it will be too much for my system or maybe I should wait for the 125 model to come out in the next few months. It will be going on a 55 total volume mixed reef with 15+ RBTA's. Thank you all in advance :)

qe5u2esy.jpg

Features Included:
- Wine Glass Body
- Cast Acrylic & PVC Construction
- Hot Welded Seams
- Custom Sicce Pump & Pinwheel Impeller
- Fine Tuning Adjustable Venturi
- Ozone Injection Port
- Ultra Quiet Operation
- Low Power Consumption
- High Bioload Capacity

Specifications:
- 19w Power Consumption
- 850lph Air Draw
- 11" x 11" Footprint
- 21.75" Height
- 40g - 150g Heavy Bioload Capacity
- 200g Light Bioload Capacity

http://www.aquacave.com/Vertex-Omega-150-Internal-Protein-Skimmer-P3772.aspx

http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/vx-om150.html

Last edited:

Hecdr34

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
252   0   0
The Omega looks awesome. I was about to buy one for my 60 cube but decided on downgrading.

It does look good. It was love at first site...lol. I'm just not sure if I should wait for the smaller version the 125. I do plan on overstocking this tank plus all the rbta's I should be ok. I just want the skimmer to be consistent and not to skim one day and not the next.

ReefMonkey13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I have been monitoring the thread in RC. Looking for some actual user reviews and feed back as oppose to a vendor praising how great it is. It is my understanding that the first batch in the US is due to ship out around Christmas.

If you do decide to get it, please keep us posted on it performance.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Charlie, A few of the Alpha 170 and 200 had a pulsing problem where the water fluctuated inside the skimmer. Vertex sent out new impellers and volutes. It mostly affected the 170 due to improper sizing of pump to skimmer volume. But Vertex has good cust. service and Premium Aquatics is also a #1 service provider so I am confident in it.

HTH

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: