cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I have 2 radions and 2 250 w mh over my 220 pretty decent color growth seems painfully slow but there growing and I'm not set up for 400 w mh so it is what it Is ! I'm leaning more and more towards getting 2 more gen 3 radion pros because between the 2 I think the radions look great they go through a beautiful cycle and I think I'm pulling better color on most the sps under the radions
Also tempting seeing the price drop as many ditch them for other lights !

While i respect and enjoy most of your posts this one pains me. I think you have a condition know as led light spillism clouding you judgement. I had better growth with evergrows (my layout) than radions but mh own for sps growth and color. I think your assessment is correct regarding penetration and your mh. If you want leds to grow sps I will custom design a layout for you. Most people ditching radions stay with leds just other leds.

ReefWreak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
While i respect and enjoy most of your posts this one pains me. I think you have a condition know as led light spillism clouding you judgement. I had better growth with evergrows (my layout) than radions but mh own for sps growth and color. I think your assessment is correct regarding penetration and your mh. If you want leds to grow sps I will custom design a layout for you. Most people ditching radions stay with leds just other leds.

Since I'm going the DIY LED route on my 29g Biocube, I'm curious as to your custom designed layout. Let me know if this is public and/or on another thread.

I bought a RapidLED retrofit kit so that I can add and remove LEDs as more come out and/or I want to try different spectrums.

That's one of the big draws to me about LEDs. I had (and still LOVE) halides, but with the cost of electricity in NYC, I'm going to try my hand at LEDs.

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and experiences! I'm trying my hand at a 29g SPS-dominated reef tank under LEDs, after a few year hiatus from my 120g SPS-dominated tank down in FL.

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
...and then this happened.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 177

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Thanks Marek!!! Come stop by one day. The light is just a trial at this point. I'm gonna give it a few weeks and see how everything responds. Then, depending on the results, I'll either keep it and commit to T5, go back to the Radions, or make a hybrid T5/LED combo.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I saw the beginning of this thread, saw someone mentioned shopping photos..... realized i had photoshop.... watched a 5 min video on how to enhance colors.... I dont think i did too bad being that this is my first experience with photoshop

I dont see anything wrong with the LEDs :biglaugh:

:backtotop good luck with the new light system though

Attachments

• coral tank.jpg
    coral tank.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 119
  • coral tank shopped.jpg
    coral tank shopped.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 121

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: