Turbovr3six

HighTideCoral.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Where going to cut up a colony so it's the same coral all three of us get
Want to donate one to us we need three frags from the same colony and the same size
I can donate 3 frags from a single colony for sure. I can do a couple of multi-branch of this one...
IMG_0078-1.jpg

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
if you guys are gonna do that, thats great way to test but your water parameters will be different.. to only tru way to do it is to have it all plumbed into the same system where the water quality is equal thruought the experiment.. and the only diference is the light factor.. otherwise your findings will not equate to light only..

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
if you guys are gonna do that, thats great way to test but your water parameters will be different.. to only tru way to do it is to have it all plumbed into the same system where the water quality is equal thruought the experiment.. and the only diference is the light factor.. otherwise your findings will not equate to light only..

did you read the whole thread..we took care of this already LOL :)

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Duke funny u mention about LEDs getting more encrusting I've noticed same thing !! Even had a guy who bought same exact frag from mgny around same time tell me his frag didn't have anywhere close to the encrusting mine did but his had grown up and branched and mine hadn't started branching yet!! I'm gonna give my LEDs till next x mas see if they start branching and growing up !! If not gonna get mh t5 combo

James404

MH for Life!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
yes i did.. i know its a "guys club" type thing, but id really love to actually see the results in a controlled environment.. to get a true and decicive answer.. bc i run both leds and t5s.. leds on my 92g and t5s on both of my frag systems..

Not related to T5s but if you want to see an interesting experiment, vivid aquariums is doing one with MH vs. LED here: http://www.vividaquariums.com/aquariumLightExperiment.asp

cdamiano

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
154   0   0
Not related to T5s but if you want to see an interesting experiment, vivid aquariums is doing one with MH vs. LED here: http://www.vividaquariums.com/aquariumLightExperiment.asp

Definitely going to be more fun to see your results, but the experiment that Vivid is doing will also be interesting to see since it is all tied into the same system. I'm in the old school MH/VHO camp, but I am definitely keeping an eye on the progress of LED's. Looking forward to seeing the progression pictures you guys post.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: