duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i have had many people come to my house and say that they have seen LED tanks and my tank is the best one they have seen.Come by i will show you.I wont take any offense if you dont like them but you need to remember im just coming up on 7 months on getting my first frag of SPS

Last edited:

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Lmfao I will buddy soon as basketball season ends my son plays 5 days a week I promoise you switch to t 5 and you will be happy lmfao
i have had many people come to my house and say that they have seen LED tanks and my tank is the best one they have seen.Come by i will show you.I wont take any offense if you dont like them but you need to remember im just coming up on 6 months on getting my first frag of SPS

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
yeah but you gave them a 1 1/2 and you gave LEDs 3 months .you tried all different types of combos and fixtures before you found one you like.. if you didnt you would be running MHs still.Same concept is for LEDs you need to find the combo and fixture before you can just slam LEDs LMAO.. Im happy with my LEDs i really am more then my T-5 fixture that i had for 2 years it was the same type of fixture you didnt like the TEK im sure if i went with ATI i might have stayed with T5S but i went with ACAN and i really like it.Its the color blue and purple that really dont pop all other colors really do look great

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have run them all and still run them all. I think it is a case of find that master recipe that works for you. the LEDs on the 14gal biocube bleach out everything but stuff is coming back after 3 months, the t5s on my 11gal rimless rock, and i am not happy with the current lamp combo (icecap 250W 20K's) I have for my MH setup on the 125gal... time will tell on the LED tank...

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
I used to have T5's on my 120, now I'm running a diy led fixture. Two modules with 48 3w LEDs each for a total of 96 LEDs in a 3:1 ratio of blue to white and four red leds all at around 650-700mA. My corals are encrusting and branching after a couple of months of getting into sps. Like everybody says everything "pops" when all blues are on and the only coral that looks washed out is the ric. I'm not planning to go back to T5s or to go to MHs. It's less flexible than T5s but I'm happy with it.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I went from Metal Halide to T5 to an Ecotech LED back to T5...

The LEDs are too new for my taste and the colors/growth for the price of the ecotech wasn't really a WOW factor. I'm running an ATI fixture and must say it is awesome!

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I think many people has yet to realized some LED manufacturers(not too convenient for me to mention their names) like to use 40 degree lens to pump up the PAR value but at the same time also make the light very spotty fron inch to inch from mid tank up. This in consistency can easily means a thriving SPS and a bleaching SPS sitting just couple inch away from each other at the same height relative the to light source. That's why, if you use one such brand, you should hang them very high. LPS, softies seems not influenced by this factor as much, as I suspect(no science behind this statement at all) they can transfer liquid, energy, nutrients within the puff up tissue quicker and easier.

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I had an Ai sol blue fixture for about 11months and switched back to T5s. Tried every setting and different intensities with the ai sol but I just wasn't happy with growth and color. I lost allot of red in my tank and within 2 weeks of going back to T5's colors became vibrant again. Led colors do pop for i'd rather have growth and color and for pop just get an led strip.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: