KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Are you ready???

Here we go!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the Official 2012 Spring Raffle Prize thread!!!!!!!!!!

doubletickets1-1.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Here you will not only find the RULES of the Raffle [/FONT][FONT=&quot](they appear down there at the bottom of this 1st post) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]but it is also the OFFICIAL listing of the great stuff we have begged, borrowed and swiped from our favorite Vendors, Sponsors, LFS's, members, friends and yes, even total strangers!! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We do ask that you take note of the wonderful folks who have donated to the Raffle - their names are highlighted in black [/FONT][FONT=&quot](how festive..lol)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] in front of the prizes they have donated, and we ask that whenever possible please ask them if they can help supply you with your reefing needs![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you've been a member here for awhile, you already know that we like to add a prize or two or 5 of the wonderful donations that we have gathered each day...so let's get started...in no particular order...[/FONT]

Pieces of the Ocean - Kessil A350 LED Pendant Retail Value $399 (it's the light on the right) http://www.kessil.com/products/a350_led_aqua_light.php

Aquatic Life - Sumbersible Pump 2150L

United Pet Group - Instant Ocean Packaged Foods, Seaclone skimmer, Reef Crystals Marine Mix, Hydrometers

Caribsea - ARK (Aragonite Refugium Kit)http://www.caribsea.com/itempage_refugereactor_theark.htm and (16) 4 oz bottles of Purple Up

Polyplab - Reefroids

Majano Wand - (3) Majano Wands

Manhattan Aquarium - Bashsea 4" media reactor

Saltwater Critters - (4) $25 Gift Certificates

Reefs Creations - (2) - $50 Gift Certificates

Gotham Aquatics - (4) $25.00 Gift Certificates

Aquatic Life Direct - (1) $50.00 and (2) $25.00 Gift Certificates

Reef Bright -12" Nano Moonlight

Fritz industries - ACCR - Mag Sulfate - Calcium Chloride - Sodium Bicarbonate - Sodium Carbonate - Fritzzyme # 9 - Fritzzyme # 460 and Fritz Glass Cleaner http://www.fritzzyme.com/

Blue Moon Aquatics - LED http://www.bluemoonaquatics.com/BMA_P100.php

Bio Bubble - 1 Bio Bubble w/ LED

Anonymous - 1 granite fish cutting board

Air Water Ice - http://www.airwaterice.com/product/1...er-75-GPD.html Typhoon 5 stage Reefkeeper 75 GPD

Hagen - 65G Neo Nano Aquarium & Stand ...and Fluval Sea Salt & conditioner samples for all attendees

ESV - (8) 50 G ESV Salt Mix ...(8) 64 oz B- Ionic ...(4) 1 Pound Carbon

ORA - 12 pack of frags

Live Aquaria - (12) Certified captive-grown frags

Diamonds of the Reef - Zoa Frag Pack Pics are on Post # 28 below

Organic Corals - (St Barnabas) - 10 pc frag Pack

Mainland Aquatics (Motortrendz) - 2 colonies - Seriatopora hysyrix and Acropora verweyi -- Pics on Post # 19 below

Frags Unlimited - 2 Zoa Colonies

Ultracorals & Fish - Coralvue 36" T5 retro with LED http://coralvue.com/t5-retro-kit-with-high-power-leds/

Manhattan Reefs - (1) MR T-shirt ...btw - we will be selling these at the swap ! :) - there is a pic of it on Post # 8 below

Dr's Foster & Smith - Goody bags containing: Marine Stabilizer - Maine Pellets - $20 Gift Certificate (wow!) and related brochures

Tunze - Turbelle Nanostream # 6015 and a Power Magnet

That Fish Place - A ReefKeeper Lite Plus Controller - a retail value of $265 http://www.thatpetplace.com/reefkeep...ium-controller

FaunaNYC/Fluid Dynamics - (6) Par 38 W Bulbs

Acan Lighting - 18" 600 Series LED light - retail value $742.50!!!!!! Value can be exchanged toward a different light

Prattreef - brand new D-D H2 Ocean NanoScope

Cherry Corals - A frag of the Thunder & Lightning Chalice whoo-hoo!

Sunshine Systems - Aqua UFO Ultra Blend - Tested by S. Joshi! http://www.blackjungleterrariumsupp...-Blend-90-watt-LED-Aquarium-Light_p_2102.html

Seachem- a large variety of their most popular additives

Champion Lighting - (4) $50.00 Gift Certificates

Aquarium Village - 27G Cardiff tank and stand a $700 value!!!!!! Picture of this tank can be found on Post # 20 below

Puppy Center & Aquarium - Aqua FX Barabcuda 50 GPD RO/DI..and 4 additional prizes listed on Post # 24 below !!

Pablo - a frag pack consisting of Red Gonipora - Austrialian Duncan and a Caulastrea Coral

Marine Depot - (1) Probidio Biokit for Nano and (1) Probidio BioKit Reef

Red Sand Aquarium - Coral frag pack

Reef Nutrition - Various Live Food packs & a wonderful print!

Aqua Pro Builders - (2) Fuge LED lights (3 x 2w) including power supply (these can be picked up at Wingo's home after May 28th)

Reef Rocks/Ultracorals - (2) 100 pound boxes of dry Reef Rocks & (2) 50 pound boxes of dry sand (the sand will be delivered to the winners, as will half od the rock)

Coral Theory - TLF Media Reactor 550

Dr. Mac - Ultra Grade Maxima Clam and Ultra Frag Pack

Algagen - various food & coral dip

TLF - a variety of additives & reactor media

Ok....here is the small print they always put down at the bottom of things like this......

The Rules and other Questions/Answers... please do read the rules so you are familiar with them, especially the first one titled Almost New Info.

[FONT=&quot]FAQ's[/FONT]
Almost new info:
[FONT=&quot]This may seem petty BUT there are some people who crumble or twist the ticket they put into the bucket in hope (I assume) that their ticket will be chosen because it is more noticeable. I will tell you now - sincerely - I will NOT pick any ticket that has been physically ALTERED in ANY way as a winner. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Where do I purchase the Raffle tickets?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In a couple of different places... at the MR Registration Table (where you first come to when you get to the Swap) will be one location where you can buy the Raffle Tickets. We will have a "Raffle Tickets" table set up right next to the Raffle prize tables - come say Hi :)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They will be available for sale until a few minutes prior to the start of the drawing.[FONT=&quot]Once again we have a staffed table set up right near the Raffle Tables - look for the TICKETS sign. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]We will also have folks selling Raffle tickets circulating around the room at various times during the day. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How much will do they cost ?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The tickets will be available in $1 and $3 denominations [FONT=&quot](do note that we have held the ticket pricing reduction to $3 for the higher end items once again for this Raffle!).[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The price of the Raffle Ticket will be determined by the value of the prize.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How do I choose the prize I want?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Go look at the tables loaded with Raffle[FONT=&quot]prizes ..directly in front of that table will be another table loaded with white Buckets. The top of each bucket will have the name of the prize and the donor and a 'slot' to drop your lucky raffle ticket in. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pick the prize or prizes that you want to win and drop at least one raffle ticket into that bucket - (be sure you use the correct value ticket - they are clearly marked! )The Prizes will require either a $1 or $3 ticket for entry.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]** We are going to ATTEMPT to keep the buckets roughly in front of the prizes they represent.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Be SURE to KEEP the portion of the ticket that says 'KEEP THIS TICKET'[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You can drop in as many tickets as you want into the individual buckets to increase your chances of winning that item![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Do I have to be at the Raffle to win?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yes !!! You [FONT=&quot]MUST [/FONT][FONT=&quot]be at the swap in order to win.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (see hint below)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If a winning ticket holder is not in attendance, we will chose another ticket. Hint, hint..if you have to leave before the drawing..give 'em to your best buddy who will still be there during the Raffle[FONT=&quot]...[/FONT][FONT=&quot]hmmmm...great idea...and do write your name on them so your buddy knows they are YOUR tickets, but we will NOT be ready the names on the tickets - we ONLY read the winning numbers! [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What Time is the Raffle being held?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Raffle will begin at 4:00 PM and should last about 45 minutes or so.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How do I get my winning prize?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you hold the winning ticket for an item, you will present the ticket to a Raffle Volunteer at the front of the room at the Raffle Table (we will identify them for you at the start of the Raffle). You will then be given the cover of the bucket..with the name of the prize you have won. Take the cover to one of the Raffle[FONT=&quot]Volunteers at the Prize table, hand in your cover and you'll be given your Prize! This year we ask that you give the Volunteer your screen name when you come to pick up the cover of the bucket..we'd like to keep track of who wins these great prizes![/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Will I be able to hear the winning number so I know if I win?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sure hope so! Most everyone is quiet enough because they want to hear their own ticket number being called! To help that along we will once again set up a screen and display the winning ticket numbers as they are drawn. If you hold a winning ticket - step right up to the front of the room and present your ticket. [FONT=&quot]PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE RAFFLE TO COME UP TO THE WINNERS TABLE if your number is called!!!!!![/FONT][FONT=&quot]If nobody claims a prize within a reasonable time (to be determined by us..and we are talking minutes here, not an hour later!!) - we WILL chose a different winner. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have no way to know if we have a winner if you silently hold your ticket - so please do speak up![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A Reminder[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - please do NOT touch the Raffle Prizes! If you have a question about one of them, ask one of the volunteers near the table and we will do our best to supply you with an answer![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Anything else I need to know?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is where the really small print comes in[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Probably not, but if we need to make up more rules as the event unfolds and questions come up, we reserve the right to make those decisions on the spot. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IF you happen to drop a BLUE ticket into a bucket that requires a RED ticket (you get the idea)...please contact a member of the Raffle Staff Immediately and we will retrieve your ticket for you IF you can show us the other half of the ticket. Once the Raffle [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]begins we will NOT retrieve any misplaced tickets![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any tickets that are of the incorrect color for the prize being drawn will NOT be honored and a ticket of the correct color will be chosen as the winning ticket.[/FONT]

[/FONT]Good luck to all of you and see you at the Swap!!!!!!! :)

[FONT=&quot]
doubletickets1-1.jpg
[/FONT]

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Hmmmmm...a rainy day...I think I will add more prizes TWICE to brighten the day ! :) :) :)

Go take a look!!!

:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Ok...here we go again..more prizes have been added...some really sweet stuff!!!!!!!!!!

:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Ok...here we go again..more prizes have been added...some really sweet stuff!!!!!!!!!!

:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip

Once again you've effectively amazed me!!! What an outstanding list of raffle prizes!!!

Good luck to all the participants and to MR for putting together a world class gathering.

Great job Kathy :grouphug:

I hope everyone has a fantastic time. This will be the first swap Saltwater Critters has missed since the swap was held in Randy's office. :Hydrogen:

Russ

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Once again you've effectively amazed me!!! What an outstanding list of raffle prizes!!!

Good luck to all the participants and to MR for putting together a world class gathering.

Great job Kathy :grouphug:

I hope everyone has a fantastic time. This will be the first swap Saltwater Critters has missed since the swap was held in Randy's office. :Hydrogen:

Russ

..and you will be sorely missed!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
..and you will be sorely missed!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

Thanks sweetie, you don't know the withdrawals I'm going through right now. I have anxiety due to non activity, whereby my inner clock is YELLING at me to package pre-orders, box the show merchandise, set up the bank, print the signs, yada yada yada.....

Have fun everyone, I'll certainly be missing you........... :(

Russ

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Here is some info on the 27 G Cardiff tank & stand that has been donated by Aquarium Village for the raffle!!!! Thanks Rich!!!!

Some info:

* Intake venturi protein skimmer
* Surface-skimming overflow
* Built in freshwater top-off system
* Biological, mechanical and chemical filtration
* Dedicated heater section with constant level water flow
* Flexible return nozzle with dual outlets
* Removable beveled glass top

The top trim kit does not have to be added, the tank be run as rimless. And the light must be pruchased separately

cardiff2.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: