MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have been on generator for fOur days. Can't understand why the hell were having a marathon when people are homeless cold no gas. I've spent about hours on gas lines just to keep this generator on. This is ridiculous they should put the resources to getting people's lives back. We should boo the idiots for not responding in a humane way. Wish I could help out more trying hard to keep positive on this whole mess.

I completely agree with you...there is a petition on change.org to get this marathon postponed...

Here's the link for anyone willing to sign and forward...
http://www.change.org/petitions/mayo...il-spring-2013

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty every1 for your kind PM offering help

was able to get another 10g of gas

I'm good till Monday morning as of now

will check back if I can

again many thanks!

Jaftica

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
My Power is back on...these guys are working round the clock...sit tight and they Will get to you

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351904631198.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351904631198.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 161

Treef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Ugh no power for almost four days now, and last I heard from con ed it will be another few days. First casualties among my sps have appeared... just when things were looking great too. I didn't even lose power until the afternoon after the hurricane..no trees down around my block but power still goes out...

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Everyone, these are trying times right now, and some areas are much worst off than others, even to the point were there was nothing that could have helped or prevent what happened when this storm hit.

Lipa and Con Edison are both working hard to get things back up, and it does take time. Down trees need to be removed, wires put back up in place and transformers repaired or replaced, not to mention there is still a lot of water in people basements and around the area. Also, these things need to be done correctly, as if things aren't right when they do turn the power or gas back on it could lead to explosions and make matters even worst.

So I know that it's frustrating, and people do need to vent, but things do take time and people need to realize that everyone is working very hard to get things back to normal. People also need to realize that regardless of how prepared someone could, or should, have been it still mayn't have matter. So right now things are what they are, and everyone has got to try and help where and when they can.

Last edited:

kris

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
5 days out with possibly another 9 to go. O & R has not even showed up yet for repairs. All the prep in the world isn't going to help me if I cant get gas for the genny with state mandated rationing. Sad to see everything go as we stretch the gas to heat the house. At least I have a house in a a town that lost 30 to tree fall. Support each other and rebuild together.

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
5 days no power no heat and my baby all bundled up hopefully the heat comes back soon
Same thing happened to us, the boiler for our apt is apparently electronically activated/managed so no electricity, no heat for 5 days with a 4 year old and a 7 week old. It was no fun. Our curtains weren't thick enough so we put sheets to help with insulation. Even though we kept the baby bundled up we ended up getting a kerosene space heater and monitored it carefully (got an extinguisher and an additional CO/smoke detector just in case). Out of fear and caution we didn't use it until the day after we got it and only used it for a day. Thank God power came back today.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I really wish I could offer to help out... My 180 is practically empty because of all of the losses I sustained a few years back due to a blackout in my area. But I have not done a water change in over a year and my tank is not in the best of shape.

If anyone that is in really bad shape in the Bronx or above wants to risk it, I would be willing to let you keep your stuff here. I think soft corals would be OK in my tank as it is...

Anyway, it's better than a tank being without power for a week.

Best,

Alfred

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: