Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
But how big of a tank will a battery powered air pump help? I'm sure it will work wonders for a 20 gallon or a cube. But what about a 150G?

If you switch the air stone to a fine one, it's pretty powerful. I think 2 should be enough. I run my regular 2-valves air pump for about 60g of water with quite a bit of fish, never see a sign of deficiency. However, I never measure the battery operated ones.

Discard all macro to stop their respiration.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
The flood in Dumbo Brooklyn.

I guess no way the subway will run tomorrow.

Attachments

• data.jpg
    data.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 156

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I realized I could hook up my powerhead to my power pack. The one I have just in case my car battery is dead to jump start it. Now I'm just worried the temperature of the tank will go too low.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
If you switch the air stone to a fine one, it's pretty powerful. I think 2 should be enough. I run my regular 2-valves air pump for about 60g of water with quite a bit of fish, never see a sign of deficiency. However, I never measure the battery operated ones.

Discard all macro to stop their respiration.

Thanks for the tip. Currently running the powerhead for 30min then air pump for 2 hours the powerhead again. Inverter can't handle the heater though. Damn

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Yo dubs got really Lucky twice last night a tree got uprooted and rip of all the power line to rest of my block one more pole over and my tank would have been finished and that same tree was coming for my car which was park across from it it got stuck on the next tree next to it if not dubs would have been really piss right now

Attachments

• IMAG1382.jpg
    IMAG1382.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 163
  • IMAG1391.jpg
    IMAG1391.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 163
  • IMAG1381.jpg
    IMAG1381.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Been out for 17hrs here in New Rochelle, running a 400w inverter from my car to keep tank running. My neighbor across the street works for ConEd and he said we won't be back for at least a week which I hope is completely innacurate because my car can't keep it up for that long nor can I turning it on every 2hrs during the night. Really wish I had a generator

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: