• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
To all of you who lost your reef tanks and had home damage, please take into your heart the support of the mr community and the belief that we always rebuild bigger and better in life.

To all of those on mr, i know your probably wondering how anyone could of gained from this , but if you take a minute to reflect on the threads on mr during sandy you will see that alot of people and many of us strangers to one another opened our homes and tanks to help to save our ever so loved reef tanks for eachother....... Without hesitation plenty of us on here threw life lines out without intent for profit but instead for salvation, we showed a solidarity that said .....hey stranger across town i have life support for your reef, i have generators, batteries and space in my tank to keep your loved corals alive! We couldnt save them all but if there is one thing we gained during this trying time is a great bond of community.

I know that countless reefers who didnt lose power monitored mr all day and night waiting for the alarms to sound off of someones tank in despair within reach or driving range , whether across the street or across town you guys tried your darn best to keep others oceans alive and for this i raise my hat in great spirit and tell you all that im proud to be a member of manhattan reefs and to all of you who lost your reefs , dont worry cause we will help you get those tanks back up and running.

We are a rare bread , most people travel the world and spend thousands to see what we have managed to Raise and cultivate in our own living rooms and homes.

We will never forget this storm , but instead learn and be ready for the next time.

Keep your blood salty.

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
:rolleyes: And this thread from the guy who's gonna frag your corals that he fosters and then sell them at the swap for 4 times what they are really worth.

:lol2: Just kidding Bro, well said. This is a great community.

Just wish I was closer to you guys, my truck wasn't parked in a tree for 2 days, and could help out more then just posting things here.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
:rolleyes: And this thread from the guy who's gonna frag your corals that he fosters and then sell them at the swap for 4 times what they are really worth.

:lol2: Just kidding Bro, well said. This is a great community.

Just wish I was closer to you guys, my truck wasn't parked in a tree for 2 days, and could help out more then just posting things here.

Lol that's funny lol

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
LOL Just trying to lighten the mood here all around and point out that you're gonna have a frag swap thread soon that reads "Sandy Frags, COME AND GET EM" :lol2:

In all seriousness SWIB is a stand up guy and a good member as are the other members offering their assistance. They are the Reef Heroes, thank you all.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Lol thanks chief lol we do need to cheer it up a bit I don't mean for this to be a sad thread especially considering we are all healthy and alive after this massive storm , but def want everyone to know we have them and there families on our minds and that we are here as a group And as a restructuring team to those who may need help.

cono

Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
nice thread... we are like a brother (sister)hood we are all one big family and if we can all help eachother then lets do it .....we are all after one thing to have an amazing part of the sea in our homes that we and our families can enjoy, we can all learn from each other and give a hand to eachother when we could

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: