• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

peteyboyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Parameters are fine? What does that mean?
PH? Amn? Nitrites? Nitrates? Temp? Phosphates? Cal, mag? What size tank? How long has the tank been setup? Was the tank cycled PROPERLY? What fish, inverts are in the tank? Its a lot of questions to be answered to determine why, and how to not let it happen again.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
If your parameters are within acceptable limits youre fine. Corals sometimes won't open everyday and habe you worried for a few days, sometimes longer and then one day without changing a thing they open like normal and you realize you stressed yourself over nothing. As long as they're not melting away give them time along with a water change as well as run some carbon as already stated so that if the xenias released enough toxins to pollute the water you can export it from the tank.

Will

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have found Xenia to be pretty hardy, have had them literally over run a 20 gal tank. I might lean towards something being out of wack.
IMO ....Xenia ,as with most corals, don't usually just die for no reason....

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
xenia can be flaky i had few different kinds and one day i did large water change and the blue one died a monster colony the rest pom pom/silver went crazy with the new water so u never know with xenia but since ur shrooms wont open there might be something ur missing how old ir ur test kit have someone else test ur water see if ur missing something shrroms are hardy coral even when i kill them they still grow back

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
..and then there are some tanks that have normal seeming parameters and Xenia simply melts away in them... while in other tanks it grows like a weed until the reefer begins to hate the stuff...

Will

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yea...They can melt for quite a few reasons ..Iodine is one...
If you just bought the Xenia and they died and your tank parameters are fine. Then wait and see how your other corals do. If they are fine , then the Xenia didn't like your water for some reason. Too many variables in this hobby to know what happens sometimes. No one has all the answers..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: