d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
I would love a tri-state area group buy but when I even mentioned the word on this thread a mod deleted my post.

Then out of no where, I read on this same thread a diff user typing the words group buy and that they actually placed a group buy, did not go back to check if they too were deleted or if they got a hall pass on it.

Anyway, i am in if at any point anyone is interested.

Any group buys for it?let me know...I know a lot of people are getting it and for 23 bucks to ship is a little steep...wasn't planning on spending 93 bucks for it when I passed on several mp10s

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
So I have mine running in my new cycling 120g. It's pretty awesome. I love the High/Low/Random speeds. For $100, this is a must buy for anyone. I dont have it hooked up to a controller nor a DC power adjuster. Im just using the stock Jebao controller.

Highly recommended.

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
One good thing about the wp-25 is you can control the speed thru the controller,I know the wp-40 doesn't have that option(well maybe now it does)i wonder if the controller can be used for both?

Not confirmed if it does this yet. The controller in the pic looks no different.

The controller is limited to 8-20v it seems. Wouldn't match up to the 12-24v of the WP40.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
This is the picture I seen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 670

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Does anyone have a problem with the wp 40 turning on them?

I have mine pointing up and but it keeps turning counter clockwise and winds up pointing up and a 45 degree angle instead after its been running for a few minutes. Maybe the magnet is too weak.

Last edited:

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Seems like Tunze has sent cease and desist letters to any US distributor selling these pumps involving patent violations.

If this is due to a design patent, and Jebao is allowed to modify the pump housing to not look like the Tunze and continue sales, then I'm ok with Tunze's right to defend their patent.

If this is due to stopping Jebao from distributing a 24v DC pump altogether in the US, then that is a blatant attempt to snuff the competition, and I would be very angry over that. That would cause me to boycott Tunze in general if that is the case. It would be an admission that they cannot overcome the competition, and an admission that the price they charge on their stream pumps is much higher than the price the pump can be made for.

Buy them from overseas while you can.

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
man... saw this pump in action tonight... speechless. you get an instant wave in your tank in a matter of seconds. the amount of debris/ fish crap that it lifted into the column was ridiculous. A++ for this product so far

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Well, that is interesting. The flow rates are close, but since they have comparable design I feel you should experience a difference esp. with the WP40 on it's highest mode with wave crest.

Koralia Mag 7 is rated at 2700gph
WP40 is rated around 3000-3400gph (depending on which website you read..)

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Well, that is interesting. The flow rates are close, but since they have comparable design I feel you should experience a difference esp. with the WP40 on it's highest mode with wave crest.

Koralia Mag 7 is rated at 2700gph
WP40 is rated around 3000-3400gph (depending on which website you read..)

ill see the flow of the wp40 on continous flow at max to compare. but on wave mode its a big difference compared to my koralia mag 7. the mag 7 is much stronger.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: