bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There is two ways to do it for an Apex. If you would like to keep the random "ELSE" mode, use the ~$40 led module listed, and just control the intensity through the Apex. The led module converts 0-10v to 5v analog for the pump.

If you don't want the ELSE mode, the Jebao cable is by far the easiest. It ditches the jebao controller completely, and has built in resistors to convert 0-10v to 5v. You can either cut off the end piece, or use a wire like I listed to plug into the end piece to avoid cutting it.

Fatty

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is two ways to do it for an Apex. If you would like to keep the random "ELSE" mode, use the ~$40 led module listed, and just control the intensity through the Apex. The led module converts 0-10v to 5v analog for the pump.

If you don't want the ELSE mode, the Jebao cable is by far the easiest. It ditches the jebao controller completely, and has built in resistors to convert 0-10v to 5v. You can either cut off the end piece, or use a wire like I listed to plug into the end piece to avoid cutting it.

Brilliant thanks,

If the Jebao controller box can be dispensed with presumably there's control circuitry actually in the Pump itself to change the speed?

I don't actually have my hands on a wp-40 yet but hoping to use the Jebao cable as the easiest route

thanks again

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
2013-05-12

2013-05-12

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
hm, i was thinking about getting the wp25 when I thought it was going to be more on the 2000gph end.

It's hard finding some of the changing specs, but now i am seeing it is listing at 1400 or so gph.

At that point, what would the diff between the wp25 and a controllable koralia?

I see some posts saying there will be 2 versions of the wp25. The groups that are currently buying the wp25 havent differentiated/discussed that there are 2 types.
One at 80 or so per pump and one at like 30 or so, difference being the magnet.

So, what is the "final" word on these in terms of:
how many versions are there /will there actually be two price points
how does the wp25 compare to the controllable koralias that are 1400-1600gph

Are new wp25/40's being sold automatically with the new adjustable voltage power supply (~13 shipped) or would that always have to be bought sep. if purchasing through fishstreet or jebo directly?

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I just got mine the other day. This pump is strong! I have to order the adjustable power supply on the first page so I can turn it down, had to turn it off for now cause it was blowing all the sand around in my 120.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Lenny,
Do you have the standard, 48" 120??
I have that one, and I keep the wp40 about...4-6 inches from the top, and running it on W2 (whatever the slowest mode is), I only have sand moving at the far edge of the tank.

To reduce erosion I placed a mid sized rock at the far end. Since then I do not get a lot of sand movement unless my fish are also being ridiculous.

Once they stir the sand, it takes a while to resettle because of the flow.

I also have the majority of the force of the pump pointing towards the top of the tank, or the upper side of the front glass pane.

It cuts some of the force, not a lot, but causes less turbulence.

When I get more corals, or my current coral grow out, i'll be more concerned about the power supply.

Where do you have yours?

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Lenny,
Do you have the standard, 48" 120??
I have that one, and I keep the wp40 about...4-6 inches from the top, and running it on W2 (whatever the slowest mode is), I only have sand moving at the far edge of the tank.

To reduce erosion I placed a mid sized rock at the far end. Since then I do not get a lot of sand movement unless my fish are also being ridiculous.

Once they stir the sand, it takes a while to resettle because of the flow.

I also have the majority of the force of the pump pointing towards the top of the tank, or the upper side of the front glass pane.

It cuts some of the force, not a lot, but causes less turbulence.

When I get more corals, or my current coral grow out, i'll be more concerned about the power supply.

Where do you have yours?
I have it about halfway between the top and bottom of the tank and pointed up and I'm getting the erosion exactly where you described, I had it on else mode and its a standard 120. Ill try the rock idea till I get a controller. Thanks

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I switched over to a Reef Angel the other night. I love that you can change Vortech profiles at will over the web on the Reef Angel Portal. Much nicer implementation than on the Apex. Vortech Profiles on the Apex don't work on these.

3+ months now, no issues, and now full Vortech modes. Impressive.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
The absolute easiest, no soldering way to get speed control on these are the universal power supplies like this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I5ERUW/?tag=reefs04-20

The Jebao power supply is connected via a computer AC cord, so you just swap this one in instead. You adjust the voltage sliders to control speed, much like you would with a Tunze power supply. If you want much less flow, you slide it down to 15v or so. Since the pump is DC and voltage controlled, it wont damage it and works great. The actual Tunze power supplies work with this too if you already have one.

If anyone is looking for this universal power supply. I have one. I was going to use it with my wp40 but I don't feel I need it. Never used. Pm me

I'm loving this wp40. Still dialing it in but the w1 setting is great. Love the waves.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: