bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for this thread. I spliced a reefangel wire and connected straight to my apex. Thanks BHazard and all of the work you did.

The Reef Angel guys made it nice and easy (and cheaper) for us with the cable.

If you're able to make any good profiles, please share them. Mine are very basic, and I no longer have an Apex.

Looking forward to seeing more impressions and tanks with these from the GB.

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
hm, I will need to get the RA Jebao cord and then find out what it looks like to splice it and make it work with the apex.

Ty!

It's very easy. You just cut the end off of the Reef Angel cable with the connector. You'll have two wires, which attach to your apex cable. If you don't have an apex cable, I listed instructions on how to make one for cheap in the OP.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I thought of an idea today. If it is too strong do you think this might work:

Put it on the lowest setting and then use the night sensor with a piece of electrical tape over it? Would that cut the power even more? I haven't had a chance to test mine just popped into my head when talking to someone today.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I usually put in the sensor when I want it running really low (in addition to the low setting). Where and how my controller sits, it's usually on night mode anyway.

oh, mine definitely needs a bath. I get lazy though because it's not like I'm using its full gph potential anyway!!!

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
I am very happy with the wp40, stayed away all summer so I am not up to speed with this old vs. new thing but did sell my MP40s and MP10s over the summer.

IF ANYONE IS TIRED OF THEIR WP'S PLEASE PM ME, I AM LOOKING FOR ANOTHER PUMP

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I just hooked up my WP40's and its unbelievable how much detritus they kicked up into the water column and that's on the low setting! Can't wait to see their full potential.

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am very happy with the wp40, stayed away all summer so I am not up to speed with this old vs. new thing but did sell my MP40s and MP10s over the summer.

IF ANYONE IS TIRED OF THEIR WP'S PLEASE PM ME, I AM LOOKING FOR ANOTHER PUMP

I have a WP-60 on order from fish street. I may have 1 or 2 WPs for sale if I like the 60 more.

Look into the WP-60. It's not much bigger, and it is only ~$107 shipped, which is just a few dollars more than the WP40. It looks to match or surpass the $700 MP60 and higher end Tunze models in power/flow, which is still to be seen. You could probably stick two of these in a 400 gallon and under tank, or 1 for anything under 210g and call it a day, which is just awesome.

The WP's have proven themselves over the 7 months I've had them in my tank. Not one issue, and ran flawlessly over an Apex/Reef Angel for me. They will need a cleaning every few months, just like any other pump, for continued best performance.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Ok, keep me in mind should you decide to sell the wp40s.

I am not in a hurry

I have a WP-60 on order from fish street. I may have 1 or 2 WPs for sale if I like the 60 more.

Look into the WP-60. It's not much bigger, and it is only ~$107 shipped, which is just a few dollars more than the WP40. It looks to match or surpass the $700 MP60 and higher end Tunze models in power/flow, which is still to be seen. You could probably stick two of these in a 400 gallon and under tank, or 1 for anything under 210g and call it a day, which is just awesome.

The WP's have proven themselves over the 7 months I've had them in my tank. Not one issue, and ran flawlessly over an Apex/Reef Angel for me. They will need a cleaning every few months, just like any other pump, for continued best performance.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I feel it loses significant power faster than my Koralia. I feel you have to clean it more often.

If it provides more flow than the Koralia than it's logical since more detritus passes thru it. If provides same amount of the flow as before, than I should look into the grid design and check whether something can be suggested to Jebao to improve.

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If it provides more flow than the Koralia than it's logical since more detritus passes thru it. If provides same amount of the flow as before, than I should look into the grid design and check whether something can be suggested to Jebao to improve.

Some sort of prefilter would possibly help... like a pantyhose type material. After cleaning, you can see significant gunk buildup inside and from what is removed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: