M

Moneymaks24

What's the cheapest place to buy the reef angel wire and or does anyone have one for sale/trade. Also I need the apex cable for the pump .

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am wondering if the wp40 is too much for a 40w x 36d x 21h tank. i have a new 40 and a 25 as well. I got one of ea on a group buy because i was not sure if i would take my tank down to a 40 breeder or not . if it is too much i guess i will have to sell or try to trade for another 25

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to hook up my newly ordered dc6000 jebao to apex through vdm. The wp25 can be hooked up using the reefangel cable that converts vdm 0-10v signals down to 0-5v. The DC6000 seems to have the same style plug as wp-25 but can anyone confirm that it works with the reef angel cable and that the control signals are 0-5V.

Rating - 85.7%
18   3   0
hey i just got wp 40 from fish street and wow what a pump i love it and it make a huge diffrence from what i had before lol. (tiny cobalt pumps with three little Rubber foot cups).
and now im thinking to add one more 40 on the othere side or a 25 and some 10 on the back toward the back of the rocks
its a 75 gallon tank with the over flow in the middle and a two return pipes on each side

Last edited:

Gwiz3005

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
My WP40 was great on my 125 while it lasted. It has stopped working. Going to keep trying to get it going. Good thing I kept a Korella in there, because it gave out while I was away for the weekend. My WP 25 is still going strong on my frag tank.

Last edited:

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
if you are saying a WP 40 stopped working, depending on the circumstances, maybe try rinsing it if you havent.

One of mine stopped working. Luckily I had bought 2 so I had a backup.
Then I just put it in a vinegar rinse for a few days (simply forgot/too busy to really mind it still being in there) and then put it back in the tank and it worked fine.

I hadn't really cleaned it since i PUT IT IN...SO LIKE 5 MOS?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wp-10 powerhead only + arduino controller

Hi, I was wondering if anyone attempted to use the jebao
powerhead with arduino and a 24v power supply.

From what I understand it's necessary to convert the arduino pwm signal to analog 0-5v signal which is pretty easy to do.

If someone can answer the below questions, I'll order the powerhead (it will take a month to be delivered) and give this a try, posting my findings as I go.

What's the wiring of the powerhead? Number of wires, color and purpose of each, etc.
Can the pump achieve any speed when sending analogue 0-5v? That is, if I send 0.3v, would that give me 6% speed? Or is there some minimum speed that the pump can work at?

Thanks.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Plenty of people. You can get a cable that will do the conversion from ReefAngel.com if you want it for 0-5v instead of 0-10v you'll need to ask for it. The pumps dont run usually below 30% whatever voltage that comes out to.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cable costs almost as much as the pump itself so I thought I could just splice the powerhead cable itself(hence why I need wiring information).
Also, I came across another controller, jbwave, that claims to achieve any speed at 1% increments without any mention of a minimum speed. Also, being a dc pump, I don't understand why it would have a minimum.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: