jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Tonyscoots84 said:
:bigeyes: see i was right about something... :lol2: J that was def. a big contribution or ur problem with nitrates right there... damn that is pretty black...

yeah T, I'll have to change the name of the tank to the Black Lagoon.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Randy i will try, I'm still working on my tank.

I got some dead base rock today, lace rock at pacific aquarium, and new world aquarium. I'm disappointed neither store had the very large size pieces of rock I wanted. Pacific told me this friday they may get some larger pieces of rock in.

Of all the things the snails in one container decided to spawn, ugh.

I had to move as much as I could out of that container, but now the other two are very cramped. There are still clams, zoos, and the pseudo still in with the snails. I'm going to have to work late fixing this.

Tomorrow I will be placing the coral back in the main tank as well as some of the fish. Certain fish, the mandarin and the 2 CBB's will stay in smaller tanks with the old live rock. Till the new rock has enough life on it to support these picky eaters I don't want to risk putting them in the main tank.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
new rocks

new rock.jpg

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
wow J, I really like the new aquascape man!
Looks like the patches of islands off my hometown, Nha Trang. :)

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
glad I siliconed my board down!

negligable amounts they say, HA!

negligable my ass!

:D, got a ques, y not put down matching black silicone? the GE I&II both come as.

Im a fan of the open aquascape, so thumbs up to you

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
damn that sad. because there is no way i'm taking out all the stuff to silicone the star board. i wish i new that when i had my wipe out

jhale said:
Silicone Your Boards Down

why do you ask? well I sucked out every last bit of crap on the bottom of the tank, I wanted to see what was under the boards and I did not want the stuff on top to mix with the stuff on the bottom. I pried up the boards with a screw driver and when the first one came up this is what the tank looked like, from bright pink to dark black :eek:

View attachment 11194

I had to put my hand in there to get the boards out I could barely see my hand in the tank right next to the glass.

I had fun scraping the board with a chisel to get the coraline off. funny the vinigar took it off the glass but did nothing at all to the marina board.

View attachment 11195

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
yep the aquascape is temporary right now, I am going to get some more rock, but i really just want a couple of large pieces. the one Cali had would have been great. I want to coral to be highlighted in the new design, so i think the less rock the better. I'm thinkng the sand in the sump plus a copious amount of macro will allow for less rock in the main tank.

I know I looked for the black silicone, but clear was the best I could find in a pinch. I was not planning on sealing the boards down, so I was not ready for that little surprise. Andres good to see you posting :) You know who told me don't worry about sealing the boards, Bomber on RC :rolleyes:
one thing I ned to point out is that my boards are not sitting flat on the bottom, I have a 3" perimeter of bracing around the bottom, so there is a 1/2" gap, this is where all te crap collected. I think if your board is flat to the bottom this would not happen.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: