This is a first

duke62

Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Woke up today and noticed the Blue throat wasnt out looking for food. I waited a few minutes and saw his head poke out and his mouth covered in bristle worm spikes :( What do I do? Wonder if they will eventually fall out

BellaGabriella

Pretty Perfectionist
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
i just googled it. Alot of people have asked this question, not only with the fishes mouth but side/tail/eyes/head. Everyone said so far they just disappeared on there own after a little. They said not to try to remove them that they will break like fiberglass and not remove and you'll just stress the fish. I've never experienced this first hand but i dont think its anything to worry much about. There are fish that hunt bristle worms.. dottybacks in particular. just my 0.02 :wink1:

Geraud

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I had a wrasse with its head covered in them one day. They were gone the next day (probably after it went to sleep in the sand bed though). No problems later on.

jedimaster1138

Resident Jedi
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Bristle worms make my skin crawl.

I used to notice TONS of them creep out of my rocks as my lights dimmed and crawl everywhere. Since adding this guy, I don't see them as often. He's a decent bristle worm hunter killer it seems.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1379+386&pcatid=386

They still lurk under things though...if I move something that just sits on my sand like a chalice, there's usually a pack of small ones hiding underneath. I've also personally observed at least one emerald crab pull a worm out of a zoa clump and rip it apart eating it like a french fry. I just about cheered. Now if i could only get him to eat bubble algae faster...

SteveZ15

Rating - 100%
60   0   0
i just googled it. Alot of people have asked this question, not only with the fishes mouth but side/tail/eyes/head. Everyone said so far they just disappeared on there own after a little. They said not to try to remove them that they will break like fiberglass and not remove and you'll just stress the fish. I've never experienced this first hand but i dont think its anything to worry much about. There are fish that hunt bristle worms.. dottybacks in particular. just my 0.02 :wink1:
That explains why i dont see them that much that little fatty will eat anything she even bits me if i go near her den.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
I got one those yellow coris along with few other wrasse tthey def take care of worms along with few other pest u might a drop in ur pod population but if u have a bagging system that no. Worries

Featured Sponsors