duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Woke up today and noticed the Blue throat wasnt out looking for food. I waited a few minutes and saw his head poke out and his mouth covered in bristle worm spikes :( What do I do? Wonder if they will eventually fall out

BellaGabriella

Pretty Perfectionist
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
i just googled it. Alot of people have asked this question, not only with the fishes mouth but side/tail/eyes/head. Everyone said so far they just disappeared on there own after a little. They said not to try to remove them that they will break like fiberglass and not remove and you'll just stress the fish. I've never experienced this first hand but i dont think its anything to worry much about. There are fish that hunt bristle worms.. dottybacks in particular. just my 0.02 :wink1:

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Bristle worms make my skin crawl.

I used to notice TONS of them creep out of my rocks as my lights dimmed and crawl everywhere. Since adding this guy, I don't see them as often. He's a decent bristle worm hunter killer it seems.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1379+386&pcatid=386

They still lurk under things though...if I move something that just sits on my sand like a chalice, there's usually a pack of small ones hiding underneath. I've also personally observed at least one emerald crab pull a worm out of a zoa clump and rip it apart eating it like a french fry. I just about cheered. Now if i could only get him to eat bubble algae faster...

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
i just googled it. Alot of people have asked this question, not only with the fishes mouth but side/tail/eyes/head. Everyone said so far they just disappeared on there own after a little. They said not to try to remove them that they will break like fiberglass and not remove and you'll just stress the fish. I've never experienced this first hand but i dont think its anything to worry much about. There are fish that hunt bristle worms.. dottybacks in particular. just my 0.02 :wink1:

That explains why i dont see them that much that little fatty will eat anything she even bits me if i go near her den.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
I got one those yellow coris along with few other wrasse tthey def take care of worms along with few other pest u might a drop in ur pod population but if u have a bagging system that no. Worries

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: