Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It lost a lot of color. Does the lights have to do with it. Does LEDs make that much of a difference on the coral color.

TheSherm

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Sharkbait, at this point it is important for us to know some basics about your tank- size, equipment, how long it's been running, water parameters, how did you acclimate or dip the coral, etc. also, it appears you decided your first coral would be sps. Sps is the most difficult type of coral to keep. You may want to consider starting w soft coral or lps. That's how just about all of us got into sps, by starting w softs and lps.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Not one is one it way out too
:scratch:

..anyway..where are you keeping these, in your shark pool?
The first one you posted is dead, and no, it will not recover.
The second looks to be following the lead of the first one.

What tank are these in?
What lighting are they under?
Do you know what your water parameters are..Ca, Mg & alk?

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
:scratch:

..anyway..where are you keeping these, in your shark pool?
The first one you posted is dead, and no, it will not recover.
The second looks to be following the lead of the first one.

What tank are these in?
What lighting are they under?
Do you know what your water parameters are..Ca, Mg & alk?

Fixed my sweetheart

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is a little under 1500 gallons. I have had the system set up for about 7 years. I upgraded about six months ago. 1 bead filter, 1 sand filter, ozone sterilizer, huge dyi skimmer and a denitrifier.

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided coral isn't for me. The person who asked how can I have tank for so long and not test certain items. I only only had fish no coral. Should I euthanize the second coral?

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
before you add anymore coral at this point make sure your levels are good for coral. when you buy the test kits let us know the levels of your water. It will determine if your able to Hold coral yet in your tank. Has your tank your using have copper running threw it? you did say it was a fish only tank for 7 years.

that might be the problem (copper) that might be your issue, please get back to us on full info run down of your tank. Thanks bud.

Rob.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Isn't this the shark tank where you were hanging the light 7 feet above the tank? You can't keep any corals in a situation like that, if that was your intent.

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Did you say Shark tank? I'm on my way.
du2u2ena.jpg

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Kathyc got it. I had coral in there for a week I doubt it used up a lot of minerals. I ordered some algae and going that route.

Kathyc did you get my friend request?

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can check out my tank in the shark owners thread. I was told at the fish store that I just need to keep trying until I find coral that like my system. I have a good skimmer which removes a lot of nutrients. I also get nitrate spikes after feedings.

Here is coral #2. I think its getting better.

A few weeks ago I bought a Rick James Montipora. Its not looking to good.

Here is the two of them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: