rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I agree with Josh.
You will never grow SPS in that tank with sharks! I mean NEVER. Get some softies, gsp, button polyps, maybe even some leathers.
You want super hardy and fast growing corals that prefer dirtyish water, not super finicky SPS.

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for your advice and your coral offers. I am also happy people realize the care involved in sharks and the effort I out into providing the proper enviorment for them. I told the store how my coral died and he gave me a frag of green star polyp and a frag of frogspawn. Its seems most people belive green star polyp will be great for me. The frogspawn looks cool. I have two more questions.

1) Can you put a mushroom in a blender and have each peice form its own mushroom?

2) Are these good coral for me?

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ia this the guy that was trying to pay his $12000 tuition in pennies? This entire thread is ridiculous, . I am shocked its still open.

The only reason why it wouldn't be open is because people like you enjoy saying irrelavant stuff to ruin a thread. What does my pennies have to do with this thread? Was the pennies ever mentioned in this thread? Where did you get $12, 000 from? What does your comment have to do with this thread?

I am shocked they don't ban people who post stupid comments in other peoples thread.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Sharkbait, don't you realize you ask very, very basic questions ("is this coral good for me?") in a very complex topic? Not even knowing your parameters and set up, from the picture itself, I guarantee you, these corals will not survive, so slow down and ask yourself a question: "do you feel lucky? Well, do ya?"

(this thread is ridiculous!!!)

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharkbait, don't you realize you ask very, very basic questions ("is this coral good for me?") in a very complex topic? Not even knowing your parameters and set up, from the picture itself, I guarantee you, these corals will not survive, so slow down and ask yourself a question: "do you feel lucky? Well, do ya?"

(this thread is ridiculous!!!)

I ask basic questions because these are my first coral. I need to know the basics before learning the more advance stuff. I posted my tank parameters earlier in this thread.

Yes I do feel lucky.

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost my green star polyps but found them. A lot of the green stars died. My frogspawn split from one head to two heads. I also got yellow polyps which are multiplying.

I set up a frag tank after I found my green star polyps. I will move them to the main tank when they spread and cover large rocks.

I will get pictures of my frag tank tonight. See what everyone thinks.

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for leaving everyone waiting. I know the anticipation was kikling you. I just moved my frag tank and here is a video. The only problem is that I forgot a few frags at home. They won't be featured in this video.I also moved my clown fish from my sump to my frag tank.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F3owJg1TvO4

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes me a minute to get the lights working. Make sure yo u watch the whole video. This way you can see all the coral. I also got a free anemone the other day. You can see it in the video.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Omg! Seperate those two clowns, NOW!!! The bigger one will kill the smaller one soon. Your substrate ("sand") is for fresh water, not salt water. That isnt a terrible thing, but sand intended for salt water helps buffer the PH, which helps keep it stable. Your substrate is to big, and will allow for the build up of detrious (waste). You need to do a ton of reading!!!! Give away or sell the fish and go back to the internet and research how to start a salt water aquarium. A fowler or reef is very different than a shark pool.
Not all fish and/or coral can be mixed. You need to research every fish/coral before you purchase for requirements and compatability.

Last edited:

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
There is some hammer or frogspawn on the right, pretty stressed and a bleached SPS or something else on a plug. As rookie said, remove those two clowns and separate them now. Did you test the water? what are the parameters? Where did you see a sand like this in a saltwater tank?
You started this thread a few months ago. Didn't you learn anything? You got tons of advice and now you put a huge saddleback clown with a tiny ocellaris?

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of questions

1) This is the sand I used. It says it's marine safe.
http://reviews.petco.com/3554/115880/petco-petco-navy-blue-aquarium-sand-reviews/reviews.htm

2) The SPS corals are making a comeback. You can see how they looked in posts 1 and 52. They are starting to get some color.

3) The frogspawn might me a little stressed from the move. When I bought it it had one head now it has two.

4) Ammonia-0
Nitritie-0
Nitrate-undetectable
PH-7.8
Carbonate hardness-10.9
Iron-.15
Calcium-390
Magnisium-1480
Iodine-.05
Phosphate under-.5

5) I was turning the lights on and off so you can see the intensity I have them set at. After watching the video I did notice the clown fish swimming away.

6) I have had the saddleback clown fish for 3 yrs 8 months and the occel for 1 year and 11 months. Before this occel I had a different one which was breeding with the saddleback. I never raised the eggs though. That is why I got this one. I see lots of people who are successful with different clown fish. Lots of hybrids are out there too.

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats a good lighting schedule? How about intensity? I have acan 18in prisms.

Do you think switching from t5s to leds is upsetting my frogspawn?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: