Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Reefer Ratings: (36 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
zeovit?

Has anyone ever heard of zeovit?
http://www.captiveoceans.com/aboutzeovit.html

The product claims to remove all nutrients, intensify the color of sps, and bring back browned sps.

Did anyone try this? Was wondering if it really works.
The colors on some zeovit systems seemed to be unbelievable.

BTW, I did purchase the basics to try out.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:58 PM
Professional Commuter
Reefer Ratings: (47 (100%)
Friends: (32)
Send a Private Message
nyfireman uses this and also vendors the product. He recently said that he would not run a system without it.

https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...ured-tank.html
Old 09-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecan2phat View Post
nyfireman uses this and also vendors the product. He recently said that he would not run a system without it.
lol must be really good
Old 09-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Reefer Ratings: (7 (100%)
Send a Private Message
check out zeovit.com very active worldwide forumn on the subject. zeovit is a very specific, nutri reduction system based on bacteria and balance of additives. very intensive, i am curious my self. also look at prodibio
Old 09-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Vendor: WingoLED
Reefer Ratings: (119 (99%)
Friends: (56)
Send a Private Message
It works quite well from what I have seen but not good for reefers who are lay-back. You should clean the system once a day. Casual reefers may not be able to adhere to the instructions but for those who are faithfully following the instructions the reward is great.

BTW cleaning the media is only 5-15 mintue thing but I guess a lot of us here cannot afford this level of dedication.

Last edited by Aqua Pro Builder; 09-18-2006 at 10:36 PM..
Old 09-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingoAgency View Post
It works quite well from what I have seen but not good for reefers who are lay-back. You should clean the system once a day. Casual reefers may not be able to adhere to the instructions but for those who are faithfully following the instructions the reward is great.

BTW cleaning the media is only 5-15 mintue thing but I guess a lot of us here cannot afford this level of dedication.

I hear yah.

With the amount we invest in our tanks,
a little dedication doesn't hurt.

But.. a tank does seem like a needy child who gives you problems if not tended too.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:40 PM
REEF ON!
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (33 (100%)
Friends: (58)
Send a Private Message
did u check out the prices for zeovit $$$$.. i think ill continue doing things the way im doing em... my way seems to be working out well

200DD Upgrade

RIP Frank (FRY). You will be missed.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:00 AM
cobysreef
Send a Private Message
I heard if you have it in your tank and thats what your corals are used too, then if the corals are traded, sold or moved to regular system they will NOT survive.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:05 AM
Reefer Ratings: (121 (99%)
Friends: (32)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobysreef View Post
I heard if you have it in your tank and thats what your corals are used too, then if the corals are traded, sold or moved to regular system they will NOT survive.
Thats total Bs....I have run zeo for two years and lots of guys on this forum have my frags...I dont think any one had a problems..Dont lesson anybody,just try it ur self..
Old 09-19-2006, 12:10 AM
OG of this here reef game
Reefer Ratings: (36 (95%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
That's not at all true. I've got plenty of corals that came from zeovit tanks and they are doing great.

WHenever you rapidly change a coral's environment it will react. Some people have GREAT sps tanks without skimmers, some people have GREAT SPS tanks with zero nutrients. If either of those peolple swap their most prized frags, their will be some serious reaction. The corals just take time to adjust to their new environment and then they're fine.

(Just like when they come out of the ocean, get trans-shipped and placed in out tanks full of synthetic salt)