Bikeboss11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
My eyes must be playing tricks on me.... 2000 ( banks, Benjamins, big ones, bread, bucks, clams, cheddar, green backs, simoleons, stacks, $, smakerooossss ) for a .5" FRAG??????? That must be coming with its own tank, lights, skimmer and lifetime weekly water change/maintenance....

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Ps don't post anything the "least" bit negative on Reef2Reef they will remove your thred to protect this thief.

The only thing I said was there is a sucker born every minut and congratulated the seller for pulling one over after it was announce sold lmao.

It burs my *** when a site only allows you to only post pixies and daisies.:smash:

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
It deff looks like a cool colored monti , But 2k is a bit much. i mean if it was some Sick Crazy Colored polyp maybe. But the comments need to come from a collectors stand point.

its just like any other hobby, its the trend and Fad people go after. if you like it , buy it. theres people willing to pay big bucks for just about any type of coral, just needs a name branded on it and a good rep with the seller.

idk imo 2k beats me. thats a bit steep . like i said if it were some Polyps maybe... lol.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Coral prices are out of hand and some sellers create hype to jack up the price.

I dont know the wholesale prices of anything not fish nor coral

I am sure there truly are some expensive pieces out there BUT some dealers are simply exploiting the vulnerability that comes with this hobby.

Some of us become impulse shoppers in our quest to create the most diverse reef, we lack patience. Instead of waiting for a coral to grow and occupy the space we take out our credit cards and buy more and more and more to fill in the empty spaces.

Sellers know this and prey upon it and as long as there is impulse buyers you will see $1k zoa packs, $2k acro nail size frags and they ever so lovely $2.5k surprise boxes.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
in conclusion my thought is that anyone that has $2k to spend on a frag should first evaluate the following areas:

Does your closet need to be updated?
Does your kitchen need a face lift, new major appliance?
Can your car use some TLC?
Do you have any money saved up for a rainy day?
Do your kids have everything they want and then some?
Does your wife have everything she deserves?

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
I agree with you but its called marketing and its the way of the world.

If you build it they will come......

Hence why I think when it comes to hobbies people need to take a step back before "pulling the trigger" on some purchases.

I could give a **** what people spend their money on it's the praying on the week or naive that pisses me off.
It's called bullying , taking advantage of or just plain being a low life.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
A fool and his money...

It's pretty funny how people will bash this vendor for charging $2k but would have no problem dropping this on hardware. It all comes down to the same thing. It's a hobby and it brings you pleasure and you can afford it, then by all means. Granted for 2k you should be getting a frag with a better chance of survival than a tiny nub but it's called capitalism and my first statement applies. Supply and demand... If you have a big enough supply of fools you can demand whatever price you want.

If you think about the dollars people drop on sneakers, jewelry, rims, radios, it's really not that far fetched. And let's not forget gambling. Seen plenty of shmos drop 2k on a hand at blackjack...

I personally flinch spending over $20 on a frag..

ssdawood

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
It is too much because we are normal people making normal wage. For some 2000 is nothing. Just like 30 thousand dollar peppermint angel a 2000 dollar frag.

Jae you sold a mushroom for 450 on R2R, whats the difference. The way I see it all corals are expensive and Reef Raft serves a niche market. It like a Bugatti dealer of corals.

I know these frags dont hold color and come in at microscopic sizes. But a collector does not care about price. He wants a collection. Also some vendors buy from him too to flip it later.

I do not care how people spend their money. Yes 2000 for a coral is too much. I will not buy it, but if I had 10 million sitting in brokerage account I would have bought it.

Money is relative, if you don't have it even a 450 dollar mushroom is expensive.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
The internet opens up the buyer pool at times with a world wide range.

You would be surprised how much some folks earn.

Yes, there are parts of the tri-state area were some earn a very healthy living but that is only a minute percentage of the population and of the aquarium hobbyists.

Most of us earn a modest living and some hobbies such as reefs are out of reach unless of course you have credit cards.

Reef2Reef must have a pretty large user base because sellers love going fishing in that ocean.

Hook Line and Sinker and pity the fool that bites.

It is too much because we are normal people making normal wage. For some 2000 is nothing. Just like 30 thousand dollar peppermint angel a 2000 dollar frag.

Jae you sold a mushroom for 450 on R2R, whats the difference. The way I see it all corals are expensive and Reef Raft serves a niche market. It like a Bugatti dealer of corals.

I know these frags dont hold color and come in at microscopic sizes. But a collector does not care about price. He wants a collection. Also some vendors buy from him too to flip it later.

I do not care how people spend their money. Yes 2000 for a coral is too much. I will not buy it, but if I had 10 million sitting in brokerage account I would have bought it.

Money is relative, if you don't have it even a 450 dollar mushroom is expensive.

Attachments

• Pity the fool.jpg
    Pity the fool.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 116

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: