Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Some LFS's and vendors are price gouging these day. They are the biggest liars and bad liars at that. You're better off buying Gold these days...

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Not sure it's a good time to buy metals. With united branches of gov and promised tax cuts stocks are projected to go up for at least the next 12 mos. If they don't deliver on tax cut promise then buy metal because stocks will plummet and as a result metals will go up

There's a few lfs that are great. Most lfs try but struggle in every way, including customer satisfaction. There's a few that are downright lowly, and can't be trusted for advice or otherwise.

Props to Advanced Marine Aquatics. New store that looks very promising

Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Not sure it's a good time to buy metals. With united branches of gov and promised tax cuts stocks are projected to go up for at least the next 12 mos. If they don't deliver on tax cut promise then buy metal because stocks will plummet and as a result metals will go up

It was a hypothetical statement but buying precious metal any day you're better off in the long run than buying corals.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
It was a hypothetical statement but buying precious metal any day you're better off in the long run than buying corals.

No, not so much

800px-Gold_price.png

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I'm sure you know the meaning of the word (Hypothetical). So let's get back on topic for heaven sake.

Last edited:

KnobbedPorgy

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping animals that come from a place that covers 2/3 of the earth (ocean) into man made glass boxes that measure a measley 4*2 on average (8 square feet) is a shame and a crime in humanity. I am parting with my tanks, and will be doing more to persuade people not to take part in it. These shops bring in fish way to big for the largest aquariums, let alone your average tank, is no better than people keeping monkeys in bird cages.

Time will catch up with this hobby, it's just the average person care more about the mammal side

I second what saltykid said. Watching fish swim around the same square footage of space day in day out with their human captors controlling when and what they are fed triggers my claustrophobia.

Also, as we grow up and our interests switch from fish to women, we realize dogs are more likely to help us attract the fairer sex.

Jazeel55

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Saltykid85 you have many valid points but I still
Enjoy watching my fish swim around. And maybe your right we're just as bad as people that but from the smugglers. And in time I too will break down and sell my tank but just not today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you all need to chill out. the hobby is fine.

What you do need is support your LFS. A good LFS does many things, but ###1 it creates & it molds new hobbyists.

WE need new hobbyists entering the hobby, and that's maybe not happening when you have this "cottage industry" of people selling stuff online & outta there house.

A good LFS will steer the customer on the right way, turn them into freshwater hobbyists, and then when they succeed there, the good LFS can help them move to saltwater and corals.

Then they can move onto "frag swaps" and "salty man caves", or wherever the "experienced" hobbyists go to di..err, hang out.

who is the OP enthuse thread? B-Ridge?

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
you all need to chill out. the hobby is fine.

What you do need is support your LFS. A good LFS does many things, but ###1 it creates & it molds new hobbyists.

WE need new hobbyists entering the hobby, and that's maybe not happening when you have this "cottage industry" of people selling stuff online & outta there house.

A good LFS will steer the customer on the right way, turn them into freshwater hobbyists, and then when they succeed there, the good LFS can help them move to saltwater and corals.

Then they can move onto "frag swaps" and "salty man caves", or wherever the "experienced" hobbyists go to di..err, hang out.

who is the OP enthuse thread? B-Ridge?
That's some terrible advice, unless you'r the salesmen. Oh wait. Yeah it would be nice to sel someone a freshwater set up, than fowlr, then a reef. You seem to want to destroy the reefing community for profit. You surely don't promote the community om MR. You only show anger that ppl trade among themselves and don't cut you in.

Some more terrible advice from you, on another thread you started, while pretending
Hi, I have a qt of 37 gallons with live rock, connected to my bigger reef tank. I want to fatten these fish up, dip them, and feed them meds, before introducing them to my main reef.

I want to put a regal angel sm-md, 1 zoster butterfly, 1 pearl scale butterfly, & 1 half & half wrasse.

My reef is very healthy. My fish thrive. It would be hard to pull them out if they don't acclimate well. I want to FW dip them if they show signs of disease.

think these fish will get along?

how about also 1 rafflesi butterfly? 1 long nose butterfly?

Thank you.

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is bad advice? how is it bad advice I am saying that new hobbyists should set up a FW tank first then graduate to a SW tank. Its a good way to bring people new to thereby. No?

The QT post was a question, and I wouldn't necessarily suggest that to a new hobbyists. I've been doing this for a while.

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretending what? This is ridiculous.

IMG_20170215_214154_zpsw8phqbbo.jpg

IMG_20170215_214200_zps4nbca52b.jpg

This is a 37 gallon tank.

Those animals will be moved out for those fish I mentioned in that thread... which seems to have dissapeared.

Thanks for caring so much about my tank Meat. You the man! Meat-man! Thanks for stalki-- i mean following my threads so closely here on MR, you are practically like an admin, except without any power. But thanks again.

Last edited:

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Ill let you have the last word, until the mods remove it. While you pretend to have a qt, and to know what you'r talking about, or that you'r kind, or good for the hobby, or....

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill let you have the last word, until the mods remove it. While you pretend to have a qt, and to know what you'r talking about, or that you'r kind, or good for the hobby, or....

Or that I'm kind??? I am kind you dip-****, but not to stealth vendor hypocrites like you, jack-***.

Hey MODS! whats going on? Why r u erasing all these innocent threads and then leave The Meat's garbage here?:meow:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: