Angelfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How you making out, Angelfish?
Spoke to a vet after making the thread it was a bacterial infection that led to fin rot on oddly only my angels and not the tangs, he advised I treat with cipro, an antibiotic, I've been doing so (started with catching them, transferring to a bucket with water from the tank, adding the pill crushed and dissolved for 45 minutes, then got a quarantine tank and have then cycling with it in there), there's also melafix I pit in daily but not much has changed. Ordered furan-2, metroplex and kanaplex along with selcon to soak the food in. I asked this vet if I can combine all 3 of those along with the melafix and cipro that's cycling the qt tank or if I need to drain it and readd new water but he hasn't replied. I ended up wanting to know the source of the problem, water levels were good, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite all 0. Ph good, no fighting. Then I found a Koran angel I placed in a different tank (he was fighting all the other angels on day 1 so i took him out before he hurt anyone) but had purchased from the exact same lfs had the same bacterial infection. I read some online reviews and apparently I'm not the first to get fish that were sick (lesson learned, never again without a qt). I made a divider with eggcrate for the Koran so he couldn't get to the others and added him to the qt tank but he didn't make it. All in all I plan on adding those 3 antibiotics when they arrive here, I'll try to save who I can, it's just frustrating that the one tank I've ever had this happen to happens to have the most expensive and nice fish. For some reason my tangs weren't effected but all 5 angels were which feels like an additional slap but hey. I'll include a pic of the Koran in happier times. What a horrible disease, he looked perfect and was eating for 2 weeks and then within 3 days got white eye, was moved to the qt but didn't make it.

Attachments

• 20170608_185016.jpg
    20170608_185016.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 62

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: