Manhattan Reefs
 

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR


Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2018, 03:26 PM
#1
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Huntington LI
Posts: 534
Reefer Ratings: (15 (100%)
Friends: (3)
Send a Private Message
LI fish store??? Who do you recommend

Who has the best deals and healthy fish on Long Island
__________________
120 Tech Tank SPS
Mag 18
ASM skimmer
2 250 mh
150 lbs LR
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:34 PM
#2
Senior Member
anthonys51's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: kings park
Posts: 1,131
Reefer Ratings: (41 (98%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
Caribbean blue aquatics in bayshore or hidetide corals in commack.

Only 2 I buy from
Don’t qt my fish and haven’t lost a fish to ich in over 6 years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:47 PM
#3
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nassau
Posts: 110
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Advanced Marine aquatics Willis ave; Albertson. Awesome selection; honest staff. Healthy livestock.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:06 AM
#4
Senior Member
whispers's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens
Posts: 1,363
Reefer Ratings: (38 (100%)
Friends: (14)
Send a Private Message
Advanced marine treat you good only if you know them but if no one greets you in the store ull never get a chance to know them. They need to change there attitude if they want to be successful. And forget it if you ask to get a fresh sps frag from there not for sale display tank. If it’s in the store it should be forsale it’s a business if not take the tank home.

Last edited by whispers; 09-09-2018 at 09:08 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:52 AM
#5
Senior Member
anthonys51's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: kings park
Posts: 1,131
Reefer Ratings: (41 (98%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by whispers View Post
Advanced marine treat you good only if you know them but if no one greets you in the store ull never get a chance to know them. They need to change there attitude if they want to be successful. And forget it if you ask to get a fresh sps frag from there not for sale display tank. If it’s in the store it should be forsale it’s a business if not take the tank home.


Yes I totally agree with this statement. I walked in. They barely said high. I told them so and so sent me. Then they where supper nice. To be honest it’s a far ride for me and when you walk in and. I am the only one in there and you have to walk past the owner. You would expect him to say hi For me I choose never to go back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:54 AM
#6
Senior Member
anthonys51's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: kings park
Posts: 1,131
Reefer Ratings: (41 (98%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
LI fish store??? Who do you recommend

Like I said you live in Huntington. Go see Justin on old commack rd. It’s close he is super friendly. His fish have all gone though qt already You just can’t beat it for you. It’s close and good fish.


He has a lot more coral than fish but can get you any fish you want
Ask for Justin or Ryan



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:57 AM
#7
Member
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: merrick
Posts: 36
Reefer Ratings: (5 (100%)
Friends: (2)
Send a Private Message
I agree 100% I feel the same way whenever I go into the store.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:22 AM
#8
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nassau
Posts: 110
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonys51 View Post
Yes I totally agree with this statement. I walked in. They barely said high. I told them so and so sent me. Then they where supper nice. To be honest it’s a far ride for me and when you walk in and. I am the only one in there and you have to walk past the owner. You would expect him to say hi For me I choose never to go back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
i walked in there for the first time, not knowing anyone, and everyone was helpful and friendly which is why i go back. To each his own. They have great stuff and good prices and i try to support anyone who is willing to maintain a brick and mortar in the age of amazon.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:53 AM
#9
Senior Member
whispers's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens
Posts: 1,363
Reefer Ratings: (38 (100%)
Friends: (14)
Send a Private Message
I do too but when the brick and mortar don’t even acknowledge Your in the store.. just bad business, sorry
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Senior Member
anthonys51's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: kings park
Posts: 1,131
Reefer Ratings: (41 (98%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab161 View Post
i walked in there for the first time, not knowing anyone, and everyone was helpful and friendly which is why i go back. To each his own. They have great stuff and good prices and i try to support anyone who is willing to maintain a brick and mortar in the age of amazon.


If 3 people are saying it. Do you think all 3 of us who don’t know each other are making it up

I don’t wish them anything but the best. I hope they read this and change But I didn’t give my honest opinion Yes I like to support the little guy too, that’s why I went in there but the little guy has to earn my business with his service. I don’t care if the product cost a few dollars more That I understand. But to say hi and barley acknowledge me. Bad business practice imo. Now maybe he had something on his mind. But like the old saying goes you only have one chance to make s first impression




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes