whispers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Advanced marine treat you good only if you know them but if no one greets you in the store ull never get a chance to know them. They need to change there attitude if they want to be successful. And forget it if you ask to get a fresh sps frag from there not for sale display tank. If it?s in the store it should be forsale it?s a business if not take the tank home.

Last edited:

anthonys51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.6%
123   3   0
Advanced marine treat you good only if you know them but if no one greets you in the store ull never get a chance to know them. They need to change there attitude if they want to be successful. And forget it if you ask to get a fresh sps frag from there not for sale display tank. If it?s in the store it should be forsale it?s a business if not take the tank home.

Yes I totally agree with this statement. I walked in. They barely said high. I told them so and so sent me. Then they where supper nice. To be honest it?s a far ride for me and when you walk in and. I am the only one in there and you have to walk past the owner. You would expect him to say hi For me I choose never to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

anthonys51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.6%
123   3   0
Like I said you live in Huntington. Go see Justin on old commack rd. It?s close he is super friendly. His fish have all gone though qt already You just can?t beat it for you. It?s close and good fish.

He has a lot more coral than fish but can get you any fish you want
Ask for Justin or Ryan

jab161

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yes I totally agree with this statement. I walked in. They barely said high. I told them so and so sent me. Then they where supper nice. To be honest it?s a far ride for me and when you walk in and. I am the only one in there and you have to walk past the owner. You would expect him to say hi For me I choose never to go back.

i walked in there for the first time, not knowing anyone, and everyone was helpful and friendly which is why i go back. To each his own. They have great stuff and good prices and i try to support anyone who is willing to maintain a brick and mortar in the age of amazon.

anthonys51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.6%
123   3   0
i walked in there for the first time, not knowing anyone, and everyone was helpful and friendly which is why i go back. To each his own. They have great stuff and good prices and i try to support anyone who is willing to maintain a brick and mortar in the age of amazon.

If 3 people are saying it. Do you think all 3 of us who don?t know each other are making it up

I don?t wish them anything but the best. I hope they read this and change But I didn?t give my honest opinion Yes I like to support the little guy too, that?s why I went in there but the little guy has to earn my business with his service. I don?t care if the product cost a few dollars more That I understand. But to say hi and barley acknowledge me. Bad business practice imo. Now maybe he had something on his mind. But like the old saying goes you only have one chance to make s first impression

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I been going to advance aquatics since they opened and they are by far the nicest guys and the nicest store on Long Island. If you are looking for a store to go to that have quality, good prices and disease free life stock, advanced marine aquatics by far supersede any pet store on the island.

Last edited:

anthonys51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.6%
123   3   0
I been going to advance aquatics since they opened and they are by far the nicest guys and the nicest store on Long Island. If we are looking for a store to go to that have quality, good prices and disease free life stock, advanced marine aquatics by far supersede any pet store on the island. If we are going to recommend a store to each other that sell crap but the owners are nice then I think we are doing a deservice to each other. In my opinion when someone ask for a recommendation of a store, all he is looking for is quality and descent prices.

Who said the other stores are sell crap

For me to not want to go in the store because imo he wasn?t nice to me until I told him I knew his friend is my right. Just like I didn?t bash you for going in op asked for opinions and I gave mine

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
by far advance marine aquatics.. I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I have never had an issue there. Andrew and nick always say hello as soon as you walk in there, and not to mention have the healthiest fish and corals ive seen in any LFS on LI. Also have great prices.

whispers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
That was my experience there twice not one twice and I?ve been in the hobby over 15 years. I will still go there when I?m in LI . That just not how you treat customers

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Guys no fish store can be 100% disease free. There isn?t a fish store that has healthier fish than the other.

I been to most of them and seen healthy and sick fish in every store that I have been to.

Everyone has their favorite store, let?s respect everyone?s opinions.

Last edited:

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
The OP asked for recommendations for a good store to visit.

He didn?t ask for opinions on what anyone thinks is a bad store.

Post the ones you think are good and move on. Simple.

Everyone has a bad experience once in a while.

If someone says they like store A and another person says they like store B, then that?s cool. No reason for a 3rd person to come in and talk about a bad experience with either store.

It?s up to the OP to visit all the recommended stores and decide which he prefers based on his preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
The OP asked for recommendations for a good store to visit.

He didn?t ask for opinions on what anyone thinks is a bad store.

Post the ones you think are good and move on. Simple.

Everyone has a bad experience once in a while.

If someone says they like store A and another person says they like store B, then that?s cool. No reason for a 3rd person to come in and talk about a bad experience with either store.

It?s up to the OP to visit all the recommended stores and decide which he prefers based on his preference.

yes to this.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Ugh I just don?t get why ppl bash lfs first off I?m a huge advanced marine aquatics fan quite frankly they are the only lfs In my area that gets new stock in a lot and can actually keep sps growing in there frag tanks most can?t do that in there display tanks
2nd I?ve had those same issues with a few stores and I never went online to try and hurt the business I just made decision I wasn?t gonna go back the owner is a young guy with young family and a small business I can?t even imagine the stress cut him some slack I stopped in 2-3 times a week since they open sometimes I bought something most times I didn?t and never got an attitude
Sometimes they are busy with ordering or new deliveries but when I?m ready to buy I ask How Much? And Always get an answer and a smile and 100% of the time I felt that I paid a fair price in fact a lot of times I felt I got a great deal and few times got an absolute steal !!

Please don?t bash lfs any of them it?s bad for the hobby

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: