whispers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Sorry I was the one who shared my experience I wasn?t trying to bash. In fact I bought a fish and still have it he was super healthy just didn?t get the customer service. Next time I?ll keep my experiences to myself

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hands down Advance Marine Aquatics, it's my go to shop.

The other shops that are good and go to are:
Pets Warehouse in Carle Place ( Copaigue is good too)
Tropical Island Aquarium
Aquarium Village
Tropical Showcase (didn't like the shop before but there's new owners and from what I've seen looks like it's getting better)
Caribbean Blue (far for me but go occasionally)

Wondering

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I highly recommend Advanced Marine Aquatics. Nick and Andrew are very nice and completely honest. Also, both guys are very knowledgeable and will never steer anyone wrong.

Nanoreefer415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
100% of my business goes to advanced marine aquatics, the only place i?ve been to where i?ll get an honest opinion on whether a purchase is compatible and realistic to my setup, from a reef keepers standpoint, not a business standpoint. Lets just say i have a closet full of things i didnt ever need when starting the hobby, and afterwards that storage shelf is looking clean ever since. :)

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Advanced marine is great .always great priced and selection.there main display tank is worth the visit alone ..I don't blame them for not fragging corals from it everytime someone asks .if they did, then it wouldn't be a great looking display tank ....a well kept grown out display tank to me shows me as a customer they know there business, more stores should have a nice display tank .(if they can lol)...if you go often u will find frags from the main after they prune
A+ store in my book
Pets warehouse in coipage is another good store also .they are always well stocked with fish and frags .I can always walk out of there with a frag of something ...
Caribbean blue is another great store I go to .fish are always super healthy ,great prices,and great owners...
We are spoiled in ny we have so many stores to choose from ...I like them all and whenever I'm next one I always stop in ...there all privately owned and run .I much rather give them my money and have a store to go to ,rather than online .where else would I go when I'm board ...

Last edited:

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Advanced marine is great .always great priced and selection.there main display tank is worth the visit alone ..I don't blame them for not fragging corals from it everytime someone asks .if they did, then it wouldn't be a great looking display tank ....a well kept grown out display tank to me shows me as a customer they know there business, more stores should have a nice display tank .(if they can lol)...if you go often u will find frags from the main after they prune
A+ store in my book
Pets warehouse in coipage is another good store also .they are always well stocked with fish and frags .I can always walk out of there with a frag of something ...
Caribbean blue is another great store I go to .fish are always super healthy ,great prices,and great owners...
We are spoiled in ny we have so many stores to choose from ...I like them all and whenever I'm next one I always stop in ...there all privately owned and run .I much rather give them my money and have a store to go to ,rather than online .where else would I go when I'm board ...
Yes we are, I always read about others in this hobby who have to spend a lot of time and miles to get to just one shop. I'm really spoiled in that I have Advance Marine Aquatics 5 minutes from work.

mfs1855

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I go to advanced marine every once in a while, they clearly don?t know me. I feel that they give you room to look around without pouncing on you. After a few minutes they always say hi. The main guy there always seems to go the extra mile for me and other people in the store (cutting the stem off my frag plug with the wet saw, pointing out a larger frag of the same species than I picked or some free kalk to my Aptasia). Just my opinion and I don?t want to make anyone who commented uncomfortable but owning a local aquarium store isn?t a very profitable business, these guys know this when they open the store. It?s a labor of love and I personally am happy that we have so many of them here on Long Island. I would encourage the original poster to check them out.

whispers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
AMA deserves an apology from me. I?ve been there twice since my bad experience and these guys are the real deal there fish are the healthiest I?ve seen in any lfs...

Last edited:

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Worth the trip!

Great selection of fish and corals sps, lps, softies, etc...

Andrew and Nick both very knowledgeable and fellow hobbyists themselves.

Be sure to pay them a visit, you won?t be disappointed!

I know I wasn?t :)

Attachments

• DC89573B-3022-4D6F-AC5D-D983841AB3DE.jpg
    DC89573B-3022-4D6F-AC5D-D983841AB3DE.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 201

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: