LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any other companies that I missed for the the list. please chime in. this post will benifit everyone when it comes time for you to purchase your skimmer.

jlneng

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manufacturer:Kent Marine Nautilus
Model:TE
Type: Venturi
Pump 1: Presently Testing RIO 2100 equipped with prototype Needle Wheel Impeller.
Pump 2: Usually ran RIO 2500 with Standard impeller
Tank: 125G Reef with 25G Basement sump

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sfsuphysics":1h62p15c said:
manufacturer: Coralife
model: Superskimmer 220g
type: needle wheel impeller
Pump: Whatever one comes with it, unknown brand, but won't cost you an arm and a leg like replacing a Sedra
rating: 6.5 for over all skimming (meaning better than average) 9.5 for price to production ratio
notes: Not terribly much fiddling needed. Like ALL skimmers cleaning out the riser tube in the cup is a necessity.

SF...i have the same skimmer...does your bubble diffuser cup seem to clog up and overflow a lot? The floss pad in mine needs to be cleaned almost daily or the cup runneth over...is it supposed to run over?

Drew Nietert

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
manufacturer: Red Sea www.Redseafish.com
model: Prizm Delux
type: Venturi
Pump: Included with skimmer
tank size: 30 gallon
notes: Adjust it every two-three days for it to do it's job correctly.
Do what the manual states, except and this is verified by Red Sea support as well, don't put the water to the O-Ring, put it about a half inch below, and go from there. If you put it at the o-ring it will almost always fill the collection cup in about 3 minutes.

I bought this without doing any reasearch, based on one LFS employees opinion - bad choice overall. Others have had good experience, but most posts I have seen dislike this skimmer.

The second pic is full view working
The first pic shows the water level, I have to adjust this by 1/4" every 2-3 days by turning the flow control about 1/32 of an inch or less!

I have never been able to get dry foam, just wet foam in the cup.

Attachments

• Red Sea Prizm .JPG
    Red Sea Prizm .JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 18,886
  • Close Up Skimmer.JPG
    Close Up Skimmer.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 18,891

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look like you missed one ben. Or i could be blind.. Probably the latter.

Manufacturer: www.marineland.com
model:Seaclone SCPS100 or 150
Type: venturi
Pump: maxijet 1200 on the 100 (150?)
Rating: 100g or 150g

sambo1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received an MR2 from MRC. Dual beckett injectors. Would love any tips on initial setup as well as long term settings. I will be running externally. How high in the first riser should the water level be? Should I set water level with air valves open or closed? I tried setting with vlaves wide open as stated in the directions, but I'll be d**ned if I can tell where the water ends and the foam begins. 8O I heard I could set it with the air valves closed and set approx. 1-2" higher water level than recommended. How far "open" to set the air valves? Etc...

Thanks

coralite1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's not forget the inventor of the protein skimmer, Sanders and the industrial models made by RK2. I dont think anyone mentioned the indestructible H&S skimmers either. I'll let someone else link em up.

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
compared to the bubble king. all is not worthy!

bubble king! bubble king!

Attachments

• anim_hail.gif
    anim_hail.gif
    265 bytes · Views: 18,486

coralite1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think DAS and Deltec skimmers are the same, I remember the guys at Deltec telling me something about aquiring the design and or patents to DAS skimmers.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze DOC Skimmer 9010
Type: Venturi
Tanksize: up to 250 gal.
Can be used inside of the tank & into the sump

Greets
Matthias

Attachments

• 54c227c964.jpg
    54c227c964.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 18,151

helipilot

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like my Prizm, It does a great job of surface skimming, is easy to adjust and they have great customer service.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: