wetworx101

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and The Volcano Skimmers by Spazz/Scott who started Aquatic Acrylics, and has been making monsters like this...
945.JPG

http://www.aquaticacrylics.com/

andybeats

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im running an Octopus 200

since no one mentioned owning one yet, seems like a asm or euro clone, much cheaper though. it really cranks great, i have a heavy load (14 fish) in a 120 gallon, works like a horse, the only problem is adjusting, but a quick and very easy gate valve mod fixes that in no time.

120316.jpg

120313.jpg

rbursek

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JLNENG, posted about his Kent Marine Natualis TE with a Rio 2100 pump, good friend, gave it to me when he went with some thing else, not that he had problems with it.
I have been running it a year on my 125gal reef and no problems. I like it, we all need friends like that!!!!!!!
Bob

meshal001

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey after all the suffering of the Aqua Medic Protein Skimmer,,, I have replaced it with the following :

Manufacturer - AquaC (USA)
Model - Remora Pro
Pump - Feed Pump: Aquael 2800 Ltrs.
System Size - Approx. 125 Gallons

wiszmaster

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just replaced my D.A.S. EX-3 (posted above) with this beast ... NICE skimmer! works well. pulls a ton of skimmate.

Reeflo ORCA

Powered by a reeflo/sequence ORCA pump (dart w/ needlewheel)
Super Efficient ORCA Needlewheel Skimmer

Features:
ReeFlo Needlewheel Pump
Silicon Carbide Seals
Super Quiet
Specifications:

Watt Draw: 120 watts
Capability: 300gal - 800gal+ Systems
Air Flow: 2500+LPH
Water Flow: 400-600 GPH

Picture curtesy of Premium Aquatics
rf-skimmer.jpg

Picture borrowed from RC - NOT MINE
IMG_0599.jpg

Mine!
IMG_4434.JPG

brandonberry

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
manufacturer: ETSS
model: Evolution 500
type: downdraft
Pump: mag 7
tank size: 120g +55g+20g+20g+10g+10g+50g sump approx. 200g of H2O
notes: just plug it in, set the valve to the correct water height and forget it.

Best skimmer I've ever had. Could not ask for anything more. After suffering through a Seaclone and a Red Sea Berlin Turbo, this thing is like Heaven on Earth.

ETSS_Evolution_500Small.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
andybeats":35c25m0m said:
im running an Octopus 200

since no one mentioned owning one yet, seems like a asm or euro clone, much cheaper though. it really cranks great, i have a heavy load (14 fish) in a 120 gallon, works like a horse, the only problem is adjusting, but a quick and very easy gate valve mod fixes that in no time.

Is yours the recirc or the NW version?

coaxnbits

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deltec MC500

Trigon 350
Flawless Skimmer, very easy to setup and no need to constantly adjust? Just plug and play. Can't recommend it enough, although it was quite noisy before i got a free dampening kit of Deltec, which is available to all? Now it is completely silent.

I think the iste is great, hope to gain the experience i need

best wishes
coaxnbits

fishysteve

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manufacturer: E.T.S.S.
Model: 800 XR
Type: Downdraft
Pump: Mag 18
Tank size: 150 gal
Note: No Adjustments besides water level

[/img]

Dan Rigle Corals

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
here is my favorite.i run them on both my systems.great quality and no adjustments after the initial set up.i have been using them for about 10 years.i have also suffered thru many inefficient skimmers before i found these.the entire reaction chamber fills with beer like foam.great skimmer.makes a gallon of skimmate per week on a sps tank.

ETSS 600 PRO
pump Blue Line hd40
about $450.00
type downdraft
tank size 180 gallon

mini-skimmer.jpg

scifi_3d_zoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an uknown piece of crap sump with a built-in skimmer, that hasn't produced anything in the few years I've had it... and it's not even worth taking a picture of.

wetworx101

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, here's one that has gained alot in the past year:

ATB (Aquarium Technik Burian). Im responsible for their introduction to the US I suppose, and they have since been refined to the level that they often get compared with the BK's right off the bat. I love my ATB's!

http://www.atbskimmers.com/
http://www.aquariumtechnik.at/eWillkommen.html
abc_dscn5428_140.jpg

The Korallen Zucht Revolution skimmers should also be added, as well as the SWC Sicce PSK 2500 run 'extreme' skimmers sold at marine solutions.
http://www.marinesolutionsinc.com/catal ... index.html

Euroreef also has that new bubbleplate skimmer which is very similar to the new Bubbleking Supermarines.

wetworx101

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We should also add some recent entries into the market:

Bubbleking Supermarines (200,250,300) and Minis (160,180, 180v2, 200, and 200v2)

C&C marine skimmers

Octopus Pro and Extreme series

Warner Marine Protein Skimmers (mfg. by JNS).

There is also the 'Bubble Magus'.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: