A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Particularly impressed with how healthy that Goniopora is looking Sanjay. 8)

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sanjay, I notice you don't have many scrolling SPS this time around. Is this by design? I loved the formation of scrolling Montis in your old 180g.

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Len":2qo03ksu said:
Hey Sanjay, I notice you don't have many scrolling SPS this time around. Is this by design? I loved the formation of scrolling Montis in your old 180g.

There are a few of them strategically placed where they won't shade and kill things when they grow and occupy space. The grow too fast and I wanted to let the other corals get to a decent size first.

Another problem with these scrolling montis is that they look really nice from the top, and from the sides you end up seeing the underside of the coral which keeps dying off as the coral grows and soon you end up with a very ugly view from the front of the tank.

sanjay.

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Here is some prelimary pics of my latest babies - 2 joculator angels. The larger one is about 50% bigger than the smaller one. The smaller one still has its occelli. Some day I will be able to get better pics, until them enjoy these.

I picked up these fish from my friend john coppolino who got them for me through Blue Ribbon Koi outside of the DC area. While I was there, I also attended the WAMAS social at Blue Ribbon Koi and got to see thier store and set up. Nice place with lots of good stuff and good prices too. Came home with 3 corals from there too.. even though I did not really need them - they were so nice and hard to pass up :D

The 2 of them together in holding

joculator-both-1.gif

the smaller one in my tank
joculator-small-1.gif

I also added some ventralis anthias and a male bipartus wrasse - from Live Aquaria, last week to the tank. Need to get some good pics of those too.

sanjay

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent! Let me know if they do courting behavior down the line. I really wanted a pair, but one of mine died and killed that dream :P He was a really terrible nipper though.

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Over the last few weeks one of my bipartus wrasses has been transforming into a male. Not sure if he has reached his final coloration and pattern yet, but here is what he looks like now in his display pose.

male-bipartus-081407-1.gif

this is what the other one (still female or transitional male ?) looks like. I got htem both as juviniles about the same size.

female-bipartus-081407-1.gif

sanjay.

kmagyar

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sanjay, Great looking tank. All that hard work has paid off! Do you know of any other readilly available "reef safe" hydraulic cement besides thorite?

Keith

Darkstar04

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sanjay - I am sure you have heard this many times.... but you really put together a great system, and you have the best aquascaping I have ever seen. Really inspirational for my future systems.

Also thanks for the research work too, it helps everybody tremendously.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: