• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Ok.. sand is now in.

tank-with-sand.gif

sanjay.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good man! nice job. I read the idea of using acrylic posts to skewer rocks on in one of Sprung's books, but never actually seen it untill now!

Again, looking good.

B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice to see someone who acually understands how to properly stack rock, as opposed to just piling it up in a wall up the back!

:D ;)

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vitz":24p7ss8v said:
nice to see someone who acually understands how to properly stack rock, as opposed to just piling it up in a wall up the back!

Nice, vitz! You managed to insult 99.63% of reef hobbyists, worldwide :P :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unarce":1lnvbu43 said:
vitz":1lnvbu43 said:

Nice, vitz! You managed to insult 99.63% of reef hobbyists, worldwide :P :lol:

heh

99% of all of the tanks i've ever seen are an absolute travesty re: the stack ;) , and most don't realize how much excessive rock they have, or how much better their tank would look and function without the overage, and with the proper circulation around the rock that good stacking provides ;)

a fist size rock should be able to biologically 'carry' an 8" miniatus grouper

i've never used more than .75lb/gal for me rockwork, and have recommended even less to many retail customers for years, while in retail-usually .5lb/gal maximum

:D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vitz":ey0c6spc said:
i've never used more than .75lb/gal for me rockwork, and have recommended even less to many retail customers for years, while in retail-usually .5lb/gal maximum

:D

BLASPHEMY!
confused0085.gif

(giggle)

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Over the last week I have started adding some corals and fish to the system. My goal with fish is to get multiples of several fish going so I can have pairs or trios of fish and hopefully get to see some interesting mating behaviours.

I added the following fish so far:
1 - purple tang
1 - Tomini tang
1 - hippo tang
This is primarily to get some algae control fish in before algae takes a strong hold.

3 - Anthias Bimaculatus females
3 - Venustus Angels
2 - Tank raised Bangaii (curetesy of a local friend - insanefishguy)

Here are some fish pics.

Bimaculatus
fish-bimac.gif

Venustus Angels- I got 3 of these in an attempt to see if I can get a trio going. They have been in the tank only for 3 days so far, but seem to be mellow fish not particularly aggressive towards each other. I have not seen them eating food that I put in, but they are always busy picking off the rocks. They keep going to my little 1.5" hippo and acting like they want to be cleaned. They must think the hippo is a cleaner fish.

fish-venustus.gif

fish-venustus-2.gif

fish-venustus-3.gif

Tomini Tang - just wanted a different kind of bristle tooth tang.
fish-tomini.gif

sanjay.

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sanjay":3ohgzh5j said:
This is primarily to get some algae control fish in before algae takes a strong hold.

That Tomini looks great! Some bottles of OceanPods and Tigger Pods will help, too :wink:

Mike612

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had that angel once. I loved it! Great fish. I will definately keep another one in the future. Good luck with them!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sanjay, just offering this as a helpful observation, don't take it the wrong way ;) .....

between the soliciting behavior of the angels you've mentioned, and what i see in the photos-they do appear to be not 'clean'- the pic of the one angel in 'mid-turn' seems to show a patchy skin, and in the top photos there appears to be (though it could be on the glass) a spot or two

just fyi, and hth :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: