trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, I'm trying to take it easy on this build though. Also, the slower economy has work a bit slower than usual for this time of year and extra money for toys isn't burning holes in my pockets. Until last week!! :) I had a huge blowout frag sale. My frag tank was overflowing and I sold near 70 seven dollar frags last Sunday. You do the math. I bought another 10 tubes of IC gel, a Ranco controller (I have a neptune AC Jr. but dont want to trust a 400+ gallon system to one little computer), and some siding.
A door is all I need to before I can start working on the inside of the shed and the frag sale has likley funded the rest of the project. I expect to have all of my remote tanks in the shed within a month. Here is a pic as of this morning. Ive painted it to match the house since.
finishedshed001.jpg
[/img]

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":3c7t4ydn said:
Nice! 8)

Man, I just give frags away, usually. I'm definitely doing things wrong. :P

Believe me. I give alot of frags away. I do alot of trading too. Thats why I need a bigger tank. After my AEFW bout I had more frags than I could give and my ORA leather and frogspawns grow like weeds. I ended up selling beginner frag packs of 7 for $40 as well as other misc stuff.
IMO a frag tank is well worth the extra set up fees. I am considering using part of my 150 sump as a farm for some of my faster growing easy to keep SPS.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trido":1fmbfadg said:
bleedingthought":1fmbfadg said:
Nice! 8)

Man, I just give frags away, usually. I'm definitely doing things wrong. :P

Believe me. I give alot of frags away. I do alot of trading too. Thats why I need a bigger tank. After my AEFW bout I had more frags than I could give and my ORA leather and frogspawns grow like weeds. I ended up selling beginner frag packs of 7 for $40 as well as other misc stuff.
IMO a frag tank is well worth the extra set up fees. I am considering using part of my 150 sump as a farm for some of my faster growing easy to keep SPS.
I'll be moving sometime at the end of this year so I have changed part of the plans for the setup. But I go back and forth about setting the frag tank still. I might do the 40g breeder as the frag tank and just tie it into the main system.

I wish I lived closer so I could grab some of those $7 frags from ya. 8)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The construction in this thread is very impressive. I can't wait to see the systems converge.

BTW, I'm sure your wife was excited just to see that pile of crap raked up in the back before you started. ;)

Peace,

Chip

FifeReef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Can't wait to see the insides come together............oh and if that frag sale EVER happens again I'd be happy to drive up from T-Town and take some off your hands. :lol:

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick update. Ill post pics later.

Ive'
finished painting the shed,
Installed the door,
Installed the little wall AC unit and built a roof for it,
Installed the bath fan and vent,
finished the rough electrical,
Insulated,
sheetrocked,
painted the interior with leftovers,
and moved the CL pump to make room for the new sump.

I have to keep telling myself, "Its just a shed, its just a shed, its a glorified pump house. NOT a living space. The next owner will be putting his lawnmower and shovels in there........." Its hard for me to not make it pretty.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the 90% finished outside.
The little AC will be hooked up to a dual stage ranco contoller as a cheap chiller. Rather than a chiller which will cool the system and heat the room I want to cool the room and the system in one. With all the glass surface area of four tanks in such a small room I hope it will be somewhat efficient. Plus, I dont walk into a sauna every day
finishedshed001.jpg

On the lower right of the next pic is an 8" x 14" wall register for a fresh air intake. I used a register so I can close it on those frigid winter nights in an attemp to keep some heat in. The upper left is the bath fan that will be controlled by a cooling stat.
finishedshed002.jpg

My brother is suppposed to help set the sump in place after work and then Ill start building the shelves for the additional tanks. Im going to put the sump on the PT 2x4s to give the tank a little buffer from the concrete. I feel that the cememt saps alot of heat from the sump in my garage and Its difficult to keep warm JMO.
finishedshed004.jpg

And finally, my lovely blue DIY leftover mixed paint. Ill call it 14K blue.
finishedshed003.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!

Why not throw some insulation (styro?) under and behind the sump.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thales":3eng2rub said:
Nice!

I guess because Im stubborn. I keep telling myself Ive never used before and Im not about to start.

Actually, the concrete has a bit of a hump wehere the new meets the old right in the middle of the sump so the wood is necessary. I dont want to raise it up any higher than it is, otherwise I may need a ladder to reach into the frag tank. I'm sure I'm over worrying any heat loss. Ill have three MHs running in the day and one or two at night depending on weather or not I decide to do some coral farming in the sump. Cooling will probably be a good thing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: