trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the nice words everyone. :) I just got a price quote for the new 210. much less than expected. C'mon tax rebate check!

iseeweed":2nwi2c2n said:
Sweet set up! I love the air conditioner blowing right over the tank, now thats a chiller!!

The air conditioner directly over the tank wasnt intentional but I am real happy with it. The room is so small is should work like a charm. Im going to run the frag tank lights at night to help with heat issues in the summer and to help heat the system in the winter. Ill be curious to see how much it really kicks on during normal Seattle weather conditions in the summer.

In the last 24 hours Ive added near 80 gallons of new water in the expansion of the system. All of my corals look extremely happy. I think if I could do a 50% WC daily they would thank me by growing faster and being even prettier.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, for now, everything in the room is done. I have all of the tanks plumbed and temporarily wired. When I add the 210 I will put three of the four dedicated circuits in the new pump house and move about 10 GFCI's out there with them.. The display is super quiet. I think IM happier than my wife about that part of this whole build. I hope to turn in my order for the 210 early next month provided Im finished installing a friends new large system much the same as this one.

Here's a few more pics

Im already thinking of upgrading both of my reactors.
tankroomfullthrottle008-1.jpg

The black tank on the upper right is supposed to be a cryptic area but Im not too sure what to do with it. Right now its just empty with no light and low flow.
tankroomfullthrottle002.jpg

tankroomfullthrottle003.jpg

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im waiting for a quote on a custom AGA right now. Hopefully by the end of next month. Congrats on your fancy new skimmer.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are finally moving along again. I stripped the corals out of the tank this morning and went to my LFS this afternoon to order the new AGA 210. They sell these at a rpice I just couldnt refuse.
Tomorrow I will remove the LR and scrub it down with a wire brush where there are some nuisance algeas.

The tank is due to arrive at the LFS on Thursday. I will pick it up on Friday morning and a few friends are coming over Saturday morning to help install it.
Hopefully I will have all of the framing and sheetrock done before then. :lol:

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pcardone":2f6n4ym7 said:
looks great, you rich guys!. could you clean up the wiring in the sump house for me . I have ocd.

Hey now! I'm not rich. I just get free labor on all of my remodeling projects.
I'll get to the wiring ASAP. It has me a little stressed. IMO its very dangerous to have a huge system on 2 extension cords and no GFCi's. :wink:

pcardone

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just looking at all the goodies in the sump house and dreaming. I'm in construction also and were all rich right? we work for ourselves. he he

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been four days since my last post and Ive been working hard. I feel like its paid off but my pics really dont do the aquascaping any justice.
Saturday morning waiting for everyone to show up.
newtank003.jpg

Installation party: I ended up with twice as many people as expected but it was exciting and Im glad there were fellow reefers here to share the moment.
newtank008.jpg

After everyone left I ignored everything and went to work. This is the tank as of today.
newtank010.jpg

newtank016.jpg

newtank022.jpg

newtank023.jpg

newtank026.jpg

iseeweed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be your mini-me! Your tank is going to be great, thanks for the inspiration! :D

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,963

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: