trido":2gphrwd1 said:
Its looking pretty good

I disagree! It's looking dayum good! 8)

action-smiley-035.gif

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. It is tanks like your that make me want to do it all over again.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sfsuphysics":1d4rwero said:
Ozone eh? did you make your own reactor to bubble it through or some commercial jobber?

Unfortunately, Im running the ozone into my skimmer intake. Im finding the air in my tank room to be quite foul (toxic) unless I leave the door open to it for a few minutes before working on things.
Im dreaming up ideas on a DIY reactor. Im wondering if I should try to recirc some of the waste air back into the intake to improve performance and save the generator a bit of work. Whether to use an air stone or venturi intake will also be another desicion. IN the long run, Im sure Ill dream up something complicated that wont be any more efficient than my skimmer now, but it will be fun to build and I'll be able to scrub the air ouput of toxins so I can safely breathe when working on my tank.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I see a little slope on the roof. What do you plan to roof it with.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oldtank":8wwmn2h4 said:
I think I see a little slope on the roof. What do you plan to roof it with.

I just used a roll of 36" asphalt coated roofing. I was able to remove the stair treads and nail the weather exposed side down real well. The rest is underneath my seal upper deck and will never see rain.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trido":2b4iv2do said:
sfsuphysics":2b4iv2do said:
Ozone eh? did you make your own reactor to bubble it through or some commercial jobber?

Unfortunately, Im running the ozone into my skimmer intake. Im finding the air in my tank room to be quite foul (toxic) unless I leave the door open to it for a few minutes before working on things.
Im dreaming up ideas on a DIY reactor. Im wondering if I should try to recirc some of the waste air back into the intake to improve performance and save the generator a bit of work. Whether to use an air stone or venturi intake will also be another desicion. IN the long run, Im sure Ill dream up something complicated that wont be any more efficient than my skimmer now, but it will be fun to build and I'll be able to scrub the air ouput of toxins so I can safely breathe when working on my tank.

Shouldn't be too bad if you have your skimmer vent to a little carbon filled chamber, although that means putting a gasket on your skimmer lid if it's not particularly air tight (Most aren't) and drilling some holes for the ozone/air to escape.

madcat12

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing shy of Spectacular mate! Awesome build...
Try an air scrubber. small squirrel cage fan blowing thru a container of activated carbon for the diy or maybe install a Fresh Air Return... Fresh Air is your Friend!
Looks like the AC could work for 1 vent but you will need a second vent for it to work.. works best if you have one up high and one down low. As heat escapes out the top it draws in at the bottom. and a little fan to stir it all up. You can get prefabs with a shutoff at your local heat & air supply ... can't comment on where i observed this setup but they had the smell under control... 8O nor were they growing corals... but i figure venting harmful O3 and a little heat cant be all that bad...
But hey, with a tank looking like that i would be affraid to change anything... :mrgreen:

/kowtow

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words madcat.

Trust me when I say there is plenty of ventilation in that room. There are three passive vents, a 110CFM ventilation fan in the ceiling and the hole in the wall for the AC. The only concern with the ozone is when I'm working over or near the skimmer. Also, When its 29 Degrees F. I dont want to run any ventilation fans. Until I get creative, I'll just turn off the unit when Im working in there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: