Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yo - @bvega789 not to rain on your parade Homes, but is that a piece of wood you got jacked at the edge of your tank to level? You crazy BRO!!!! Man....them cartoons getting to your head My Brotha!

View attachment 292236
This is one of the craziest things I have ever seen. I think every response was to level the stand and then this. Agree with everyone you are going to flood your place and regret doing this.

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
you need to support the entire perimeter of glass tank bottom. by placing block in one corner, you concentrate the weight of tank on a corner which will eventually lead to seam failure or crack. you have over 1200 lbs of water (8 lbs per gallon) plus rock and horizontal water pressure 63 lbs per sq ft against each glass panel. as advised before, you were supposed to shim the stand, because the stand supported the entire bottom of the tank. i personally use dense insulation foam board - when compressed, it also fills in the tiny gaps along edges - and plywood on top of stand. then i would level stand to floor with various long thin shims. good luck!

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
you need to support the entire perimeter of glass tank bottom. by placing block in one corner, you concentrate the weight of tank on a corner which will eventually lead to seam failure or crack. you have over 1200 lbs of water (8 lbs per gallon) plus rock and horizontal water pressure 63 lbs per sq ft against each glass panel. as advised before, you were supposed to shim the stand, because the stand supported the entire bottom of the tank. i personally use dense insulation foam board - when compressed, it also fills in the tiny gaps along edges - and plywood on top of stand. then i would level stand to floor with various long thin shims. good luck!

i was going to use acrylic to fill in the whole open piece. Ive been shaving and cutting the pieces i have.

the tank is leveled with the one piece there now i have to fill in the rest or shim the stand instead of the tank??

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
i was going to use acrylic to fill in the whole open piece. Ive been shaving and cutting the pieces i have.

the tank is leveled with the one piece there now i have to fill in the rest or shim the stand instead of the tank??
the ENTIRE tank perimeter needs equal and even support. are the acrylic pieces flush next to each other? if not, it's a tragedy waiting to happen. sooner the better...

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Drain. Level stand. Refill. Sleep easy.

You’re going through all the trouble of shaving acrylic. Buy some Rubbermaid’s drain water into them. Level it all up. Refill. Return Rubbermaid’s.

This actually bothers me. You have 155 gallons of water that can essentially make your home a swimming pool and coat your thousands of dollars. You could drain and level this thing in less than. A half day.

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Drain. Level stand. Refill. Sleep easy.

You’re going through all the trouble of shaving acrylic. Buy some Rubbermaid’s drain water into them. Level it all up. Refill. Return Rubbermaid’s.

This actually bothers me. You have 155 gallons of water that can essentially make your home a swimming pool and coat your thousands of dollars. You could drain and level this thing in less than. A half day.
Level it with what??

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Here

Attachments

• 1123A4A2-F408-4044-A3C6-DCF07CC74135.png
    1123A4A2-F408-4044-A3C6-DCF07CC74135.png
    423.5 KB · Views: 42
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Dude no offense but obviously u dnt know wht u doing if u doing the acrylic thing
How about asking for help from a friend or a member willing to give u a hand thats close to u
But definitely wht u have is a disaster waiting to happen
To be honest i would be afraid to level that tank after all that stress u put on the seams already.

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
Wow... I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if my tank was like that... and my tank is half as big. I hope your neighbors below you are cool...

You need to empty that tank ASAP.

PS: Arnaldo24, How come this dude don't qualify as a newbie? He clearly doesn't know what he's doing..

Last edited:

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Dude no offense but obviously u dnt know wht u doing if u doing the acrylic thing
How about asking for help from a friend or a member willing to give u a hand thats close to u
But definitely wht u have is a disaster waiting to happen
To be honest i would be afraid to level that tank after all that stress u put on the seams already.
Never had to level my previous tank,
Youre saying use These shims to level instead of acrylic and then someone else says use foam boards. Which is the route to take?

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Wow... I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if my tank was like that... and my tank is half as big. I hope your neighbors below you are cool...

You need to empty that tank ASAP.

PS: Arnaldo24, How come this dude don't qualify as a newbie? He clearly doesn't know what he's doing..
I said im a newbie as especially with coral never had em until now. But ive had two SW tanks before just not this big

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: