Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Seems to me the hobby not what it used to be. What happen !!! Frags show are few or gone. Forums are quiet,. People were more friendly into trades or swapping corals. Maybe it’s just me because not many friends are into it. You would think after Covid be more shows. Maybe it’s where I live. Now that fall be here soon maybe MR be more active? With Hawaii still out doesn’t help the hobby. I still have the passion and addiction but seems to have lost community. I miss the old days I guess.
Bruh I remember when Manhattan reefs was introduced to me by nanoreefer22 back in like 2004-2005 not sure at a midnight madness at absolutely fish.. things ain’t the same now everyone instead of trading like we all used to do and making it affordable, and now no one really pays attention to the forums because of YouTube and crap, I’m still active in the hobby and quite a few of us still on here but I kinda just lurk a bit and try not to sell anything cuz I like to trade

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Bruh I remember when Manhattan reefs was introduced to me by nanoreefer22 back in like 2004-2005 not sure at a midnight madness at absolutely fish.. things ain’t the same now everyone instead of trading like we all used to do and making it affordable, and now no one really pays attention to the forums because of YouTube and crap, I’m still active in the hobby and quite a few of us still on here but I kinda just lurk a bit and try not to sell anything cuz I like to trade
Lees skimmers with those air stones. Oh boy.

I remember midnight madness I was out there with Ronen cause I was 17 lol

Almost 20 years later and you’re right a lot has changed. It’s sounding like we need a Manhattan Reefs reunion Hahhaha

2Sunny

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow.i haven't logged in here in a long while. And how crazy is it that when I do. The post is about the good ol MR days !! The hobby has definitely changed. It's all about influencers now and who can talk about stuff they barely know about and get paid. Ok. No more rants.
Make that times two!

And, Dr. Ron says it's gotta be Oolitic :D

My tank is still running, but not like the good 'ole days. Totally agree that the majority of posters on forums these days seem more interested in fragging and selling rather than building a beautiful reef. Shame really, but times change . . .

Here's mine today :)

reef.8.23.bjpg.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: