boozeman

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
wow...almost missed this part of the thread....is it too late for me to go?
would like to meet ya face to face and help out with the collection...even if I dont have a tank :fishhit: LMK

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
OK with Booze I think we have enough. Unfortunately it is low tide on wednesday at 6:30 PM but we could collect at about 5:00pm (or 6:30 AM which would be too early for most people. I will go anyway and if you like it maybe next week it will be low tide at 10:30 AM which would be perfect.
I will call you guys to see if you can be at the boat about 4:00PM. I know it's late but we can only collect at low tide. At high tide the water is about 8' deep there.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Sounds good, why don't you all go and pick up Wingo.
The only thing is that it is not low tide until 6:30 PM. I know thats late but we can probably collect at 5:00 we should get to the boat at about 4:00.
If no one can make it we can go next week when the low tide is at 10:00 am.
Booze, send me your phone number.
We need to bring whatever you want to eat and drink and we are splitting the gas which will be $12.00 a man. If you don't have $12.00 you can still come but I will put you on the oars.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Sounds good I went fishing yesterday and the blues were beaching themselves going after spearing.. Big schools that would fit into a 30yd by 30yd space.. This is what I ended up putting off changing my steering cables for today....lol Bringing my camera...

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Booze bring a case of Sardido's Preseco. Don't worry I want to buy it. I go through a case of it almost every weekend.
Besides that, bring shoes that you can walk in the water in. There are all broken mussels all over the place. We have to jump off the boat and wade to shore in about 5' of water. There is a road we will go under and on the other side there is a lake which is about 6' above the level of the Sound so there is a nice fresh water waterfall. I catch a lot of blue claw crabs there but not until next month.
Bring whatever you want to eat and drink. Don't get sloshed, I don't want to lose my Captain's lisense.
Go to the marina and look for someone who looks like this.

Attachments

• Me in wet suit.JPG
    Me in wet suit.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 108

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
There are so many amphipods in my reef that all of the available holes in the rock are taken. It is fun to watch an amphipod trying to get away from a fish trying one hole after another only to find out that the resident amphipod won't let him in.
My fish are really too full to chase them anymore.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
It was a good haul last night. Besides the amphipods we collected grass shrimp by the pound. Each haul of the drag ned netted about half a pound of them.
Bob and Wingo took home buckets of them, too many I think, I hope some survived the trip. You can only put so many of them in a bucket.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: