lanacane214

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
a lfs tried to charge me $60.00 for this rock with 5 green cloves,i thought that was like $30.00 to much,i ended up getting it for 15.00:tub:

Attachments

• aqua1 042.jpg
    aqua1 042.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 168

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
lol i hope you didn't mean in a positive way that they would charge you for the bubble algea. id pull that piece and scrape it off the rock and rinse it, bubble algea spreads easy and fast

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
What LFS?
"DITTO"

Before careful when you go to remove that bubble algea.
Remove the rock from the tank, and very carefully pick the bubble off of the rock without bursting them.;) Have 2 or 3 seperate bowls or buckets with tank water to rinse the rock before you place it back in your tank.:)

mray

?
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
Seriously, we do sell things to each other for a cheap price. If you want real world prices check out nano-reefs.com. Everything we sell here is 2x to 3x the price there. I can sell them purple deaths for $15 a polyp and they would go nuts for it because they are usually $20+ a polyp at nano-reefs while they are about $10 a polyp here.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Those are probably solomon island cloves and are not cheap. Honestly, if the bubble algae wasn't present $60 for that rock isn't a bad price it's less than $10 a polyp for something rarer than most of the paly or zoa "morphs" I see some people shell out for. But it also depends on what they got it in for. Little known fact, stores also have to buy their stock from someone else, which is then reflected in the pricing, along with overhead. If you sold that for $10 you'd probably be losing money since odds are you payed more for that on it in shipping alone.

Aquatic Life Direct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Those are probably solomon island cloves and are not cheap. Honestly, if the bubble algae wasn't present $60 for that rock isn't a bad price it's less than $10 a polyp for something rarer than most of the paly or zoa "morphs" I see some people shell out for. But it also depends on what they got it in for. Little known fact, stores also have to buy their stock from someone else, which is then reflected in the pricing, along with overhead. If you sold that for $10 you'd probably be losing money since odds are you payed more for that on it in shipping alone.

Agreed....

They usually sell around $20 per polyp.

It wasnt us either....lol

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: